Upping Cals...

ok i need to up my cals to gain muscle.
a typical day looks like this.

10am- 4 free range whole eggs, 1/2 cup of oats,1 scoop of whey, 1/2 cup of berries, broccoli and spinach
12- strength train. bcaa and creatine
2pm- 250 grams pork tenderloin and 400grams sweet potato with veggies
5pm- 2 salmon burgers, with 350 grams sweet potato and veggies
730-10pm- basketball, bcaa
1030- usually some kind of meat with rice or potatos and veggies (most of the time in a restaurant).
1230am - 1 scoop of cassein, 1 tbsp of almond butter and greek yogurt

feels like i eat enough but i know since the scale aint moving then i am not eating enough. i am very active so thats another reason why i have to eat more. any ideas on how i can do this with my meals? thanks

You need peanut butter!

And more pasta.

And don’t fear beer.

[quote]Nards wrote:
You need peanut butter!

And more pasta.

And don’t fear beer.[/quote]

ok thanks?? i guess…

Your diet lacks healthy fats. Add in some extra virgin olive oil, additional nut butters, nuts, and omega-3’s.

^^ There ya see? I wasn’t far off OP.

If you are under 170lb and over 5’9" and under 30 then you should eat most anything.

this is your schedule (

10am- 4 free range whole eggs, 1/2 cup of oats,1 scoop of whey, 1/2 cup of berries, broccoli and spinach
-make it 6 eggs and a full cup of oats: this is about 400kcal moar. grow

-add 100grams of carbohydrate powder- 300kcal moar. grow

-pour some oil on the potatoes and veggies. make it drippin wet: 200kcal moar. grow

add a short nap, like 30 minutes before hoops. grow

1030- usually some kind of meat with rice or potatos and veggies (most of the time in a restaurant).
-add a desert. its growth time.

-double everything here. 2 scoops, a shovel of butter, yogurt (choose full fat).

have a good time.

[quote]Serd wrote:
Your diet lacks healthy fats. Add in some extra virgin olive oil, additional nut butters, nuts, and omega-3’s. [/quote]

thanks! i will try to improve on this… was following nate miyakis article were he said to just get your fats from meat by products and fish oil while focusing on increasing my carb intake. i now realize there is only so much carbs and protein i can add and fats need to increase.

[quote]Tomasz Sosnowski wrote:
this is your schedule (

-make it 6 eggs and a full cup of oats: this is about 400kcal moar. grow

-pour some oil on the potatoes and veggies. make it drippin wet: 200kcal moar. grow

add a short nap, like 30 minutes before hoops. grow

-add a desert. its growth time.

-double everything here. 2 scoops, a shovel of butter, yogurt (choose full fat).

have a good time.
[/quote]

thanks man! i will follow your advice and add more food but i will do it gradually so i dont gain too much fat… not really a fan of simple sugars or carb powders, so i was really trying to focus on getting what i need from whole foods. will see how things go.

twinkies

A couple of slices of wheat bread with peanut butter. That’s about 400 calories right there. Do that 2-3 times a day and you’ve got an extra 800-1,200 calories. Also consider a mass gaining protein supplement, if you can afford the carbs.

CS

Depends on what macros you need. But if you cant handle more carbs starting cooking with EVO or coconut oil, starting adding in PB onto food. If you can handle more carbs starting increasing the size of your carbs in your meals. Add some kind of simple sugar to your wokrout shake. Easy ways right there

doesnt look like much protein…

how many calories are you at now?

grams: carbs, fats, protein?

lol@serious responses when we don’t know

OP’s height
OP’s weight
OP’s body fat
OP’s body type
OP’s training regimen
OP’s daily macros (cuz a bunch of foods were listed but no one took the time to calculate anything)

Well, I can guess at 5’9" and about 168lbs.

We’ve encountered this kind of thread many times and the OP that’s worried about gaining fat while gaining mass is usually as I described.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
lol@serious responses when we don’t know

OP’s height
OP’s weight
OP’s body fat
OP’s body type
OP’s training regimen
OP’s daily macros (cuz a bunch of foods were listed but no one took the time to calculate anything)

[/quote]

Haha, seems like OP is content with the answers provided or otherwise OP would have provided
height
weight
body fat
body type
training regimen
daily marcos
A person is only going to get what they put in
So if OP wants answers equivalent to shots taken in the dark then he is doing a good job
: )

sorry been busy…

@ryan: well i think i have a decent amount of carbs as of now to support my training. not really feeling run down in any of my training sessions and recovery is pretty good. i am a FFB (lost 100LBS) so i think increasing fat is the way to go. btw i do all my cooking in coconut oil. thanks

more info:

5’8-5’9 at 170lbs
bodyfat: no idea, dont have a way to check. im lean enough to see my abs but still hold onto fat in stubborn places.
training : very active, strength train 4 times/week( upper/lower) and play ball 2-3/week. also do some extra work via tire sled for recovery or sometimes as a conditioning workout.

macros right now fall somewer: pro 240-260g, carbs 280-300g and fats 65-75g.

[quote]halamadrid09 wrote:

5’8-5’9 at 170lbs
[/quote]

Do I get a cigar? …Or a donut?

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]halamadrid09 wrote:

5’8-5’9 at 170lbs
[/quote]

Do I get a cigar? …Or a donut?[/quote]

^ win

^x2…Big WIN!

ok so calories i estimated are like 2800 and you’re pretty much active everyday…

eat more “good calories” if youre worried about getting fat but also dont be afraid of burgers and pizza

you may find that you NEED foods like those to gain with so much activity and depending on your metabolism

just because you WERE fat from eating like shit and not exercising doesnt mean it will happen again as long as you keep under control