Upping Calories Question

I just posted this on another site, but figured why not post it here too.

I am currently taking in 2500 calories on off days and 2830 on days.

I stopped gaining weight 2 weeks ago so I am going to bump my calories up to 2700 off training days and 3025 on training days.

I have made my diet plans using an micro nutrient ratio of 35% protein, 25% carbs and 40% fat. I came to that ratio using Berardi’s Precision Nutirion kit.

Here is where I need help.

I have read that you should get 1.5 grams of protein per body weight. Using this ratio I am already over that by 80g. If I use the same type of diet/ratio than I will be way over 1.5g per body weight. So how much protin is too much?

So that way I see it is I have two choices. 1. change up my micronutrient ration to higher carbs and lower protein but watch body fat very close since I gain fat easily. Or 2. make a new diet plan with 1.5g per body weight protein and 1-1.5g per body weigh carbs thus forgeting about the micro nutrient ration.

Which would be better? 1 or 2? Any other suggestions? (besides shut up and eat)

I know I over think things but I am not getting any youger so I want to get the best diet I can, plus I already have JB;s PN kit.

You’re nowhere near getting too much protein either way.

Why don’t you try both options and see what works best for you?

Yo,

It seems that we follow a similar macro breakdown. I take in about 20% carbs and the rest fats andf protein. If you need more calories, eat mroe fat,NOT carbs, if you are sensitive to them. Also, make sure you only eat carbs around training time, and or breakfast. Protein, given that it is a lower carb diet can/should be anywhere from 1.5-1.8 x bw, depending on how you respond. If you eat too much protein, is will turn to glucose and stored as fat.

GJ

Don’t worry about getting too much protein if you don’t have a history of renal problems. About the only time you consume too much protein is when it displaces other beneficial and essential nutrients. This is not a problem for you, diet looks good.

Thanks for the replys.

I have learned alot since readin up on all of Berardi’s stuff, but defintly have a long way to go haha.

do you have a diet plan? if so, please share.