Upping Bench?

Im almost 16 years olds, 5’11ish 160 and im looking to up my 1RM by the end of the school year (about 2 months away). Currently my 1RM is about 205 and im hoping to get 225. I lift reguraly and eat well. Is there anything else i could be doin or any workout plans, (currently i do 5x5 at 160). Please make suggestions thank u

I know I am going to sound like a retard to you but try not to worry about your 1RM and just focus on powerful clean lifts through out your training session. Unless you are focusing on competition powerlifting.
I am sure others in this forum can help me get my point across.
FF
In the meantime you are doing awesome!

[quote]beast21 wrote:
Im almost 16 years olds, 5’11ish 160 and im looking to up my 1RM by the end of the school year (about 2 months away). Currently my 1RM is about 205 and im hoping to get 225. I lift reguraly and eat well. Is there anything else i could be doin or any workout plans, (currently i do 5x5 at 160). Please make suggestions thank u[/quote]

im not that experienced but from my own experience
i was benchin 195 in february/january
im at 245 right now
you just got to need a partner
a homie motivated me and made sure i dide EVERY single rep even if i was gonna shit myself
LOL
and just do abour 80-90% of your regular 1rm
and oh yehh, the position of you grip does change your 1rm
i was barely able to do 210 with a regular grip, and when i changed to wide grip… ot soared up tremendesly.
oh yeh it was doin 4x10 and switch to 5x5 once in a while but with heavier wieghts

start lifting heavier weight… if you can bench 205 cleanly do sets closer to that.

A simple way is keep doing 5x5 but work up to a max set of 5 over the 5 sets.

So the first week may look like

95x5
115x5
135x5
155x5
175x5

the first week the final set should be hard but not impossible. Next week add 5lbs to each set. if you actually have a current estimate of your 5 rep max just aim to hit that on the 3rd or 4th week and then keep on going. If you don’t hit 5 reps on the last set keep the weight the same the following week.

make sure you hitting shoulders/triceps/back heavy with compound movements as well.

Can also check out west side for skinny bastards or one of waterburys programs for a different more detailed plan that will also help you get stronger