T Nation

Upper/Lower Split?

So I plan on starting a upper/lower body split that looks like this.

Upper body
Bench
Bent Over Row
Millitary Press
Pull up
Push Downs
Curls
Leg raises & Weighted Pull Downs

Lower Body
Squat
Rack Pulls
Pull through
Calf raises
Reverse Crunches & Weighted Decline sit-ups

5x5 set/rep scheme except on squats which I’ll do a lot more of to try and perfect the lift. I think I’ll aim for around 50 reps a session.

I plan on pairing, alternating between sets, bench & rows, MP and Pull ups, and my arm exercises.

I’m pretty weak. I cant do a single Pull-up on my own. Would it be better for me to do Pull-ups using an assist machine or to do negatives?

Other then that does this look ok for a beginner? I just recently started training for strength and mass I’ve put on about 10 pounds in the span of about three months. I think about a little less then 5 of it is muscle so my gains havnt been that clean due to bad eating. I plan on cutting back for a month or two and then focusing on doing a clean bulk. With school being out I’ll be able to watch what I eat and plan my meals out with a lot more discipline then before.

I havnt really had a solid routine because I’ve been just trying out various things to find out what I really want to stick to.

I’ve also been practicing my lifts and I can squat and bench pretty well but I have room for improvement.

Looks pretty good, run it for 6-8 weeks then make simple exercise changes.

Chins BOTH do negatives one day and high rep assisted another or both a few negative holds and the set or two HEAVY

I wouldnt Cut to crazy on 5x5 either and watch the load. Being a newbie dont let the ego get ahead of you

Phill

[quote]Tilt_ wrote:
So I plan on starting a upper/lower body split that looks like this.

Upper body
Bench
Bent Over Row
Millitary Press
Pull up
Push Downs
Curls
Leg raises & Weighted Pull Downs

Lower Body
Squat
Rack Pulls
Pull through
Calf raises
Reverse Crunches & Weighted Decline sit-ups

5x5 set/rep scheme except on squats which I’ll do a lot more of to try and perfect the lift. I think I’ll aim for around 50 reps a session.

I plan on pairing, alternating between sets, bench & rows, MP and Pull ups, and my arm exercises.

I’m pretty weak. I cant do a single Pull-up on my own. Would it be better for me to do Pull-ups using an assist machine or to do negatives?

Other then that does this look ok for a beginner? I just recently started training for strength and mass I’ve put on about 10 pounds in the span of about three months. I think about a little less then 5 of it is muscle so my gains havnt been that clean due to bad eating. I plan on cutting back for a month or two and then focusing on doing a clean bulk. With school being out I’ll be able to watch what I eat and plan my meals out with a lot more discipline then before.

I havnt really had a solid routine because I’ve been just trying out various things to find out what I really want to stick to.

I’ve also been practicing my lifts and I can squat and bench pretty well but I have room for improvement.

[/quote]