I'm not sure how I should do my lower body days. I squat one day, and deadlift the other. I just need to figure out my assistance work. My legs haven't lost any strength, but I almost feel they are losing size. I approach 5/3/1 with bodybuilding assistance for the most part.
So my 5/3/1 split looks like this:
Day 1- Chest/Back (5/3/1 Bench)
Day 2- 5/3/1 Squat
- Squats (warm sets, working sets, followed by 3-5 sets of paused squats with 1st working set)
- RDL for 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Walking Lunges for 4 sets of 10-12 reps each leg.
- Back extensions or GHR for 4 sets of 15
Day 3- OFF
Day 4- 5/3/1 OHP (Shoulders/Arms)
Day 5 - 5/3/1 Deadlifts
- Front Squats for 4-5 sets of 6-8
- Bulgarian Split Squats 4 sets of 8-10 each leg (rear leg on bench)
- hamstring/glute exercise for 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Is there anything I should add to the lower body days to focus on gaining size as well? Unilateral work helps. I am thinking of adding box jumps before squats or deadlifts as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!