Upper/Lower Body Split Help !

I’ve been using the generic 5 day split routine doing Legs, Chest and Calves, Back, Shoulders and Arms once a week for the past year. I’ve seen good gains in muscle but I’m really working out for sport enhancement and want to focus on really getting strong and thick. I’ve heard that an Upper/Lower split is great for this purpose.
I’ve created my own program and want to get some feedback.

LOWER (DAY 1)
4x Back Squat
4x Deadlift
4x Leg Press
5x Lying Hamstring Curl
4x Lunges
4x Standing Calf Raise

UPPER (DAY 2)
4x One Arm DB Row
4x Flat BB Bench
4x Lat Pulldown
4x Incline BB Bench
3x Military Press(standing)
3x BB Shrugs
3x Dips SUPERSETTED with BB curls

REST (DAY 3)

LOWER (DAY 4)
4x Hack Squat
4x Deadlift
4x Leg Press
4x SLDL
4x Leg Curl
4x Seated Calf Raise

UPPER (DAY 5)
4x Bent over BB Rows
4x Flat BB Bench press
4x Reverse Grip Pulldowns
4x DB Incline Press
5x Upright row
3x Dips
3x DB Curls

the question is how many REP’s are you going to be doing with this ?
Check out the info on Wendler’s 5/3/1 and the Westside-Barbell system as well.
5/3/1 is definately worth the $20.00 investment.

You said you’re doing this for sports enhancement? Do 5/3/1 with some kind of north of vag work, you’ll see what I mean if you buy the ebook.

Sport enhancement, yet you have no explosive lifts, speed work, or plyo work? This is good if you want to put on size, but you have to switch your programming quite a bit of it’s athletic performance that’s your number one priority.

Also, I wouldn’t recommend deadlifting 2x/week. Once is more than enough.

This clown is posting links to his thread inside other threads so with that. /thread

[quote]PlainPat wrote:
This clown is posting links to his thread inside other threads so with that. /thread[/quote]

Or we could just do the same thing…lol

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/jskrabac#myForums/thread/4908348/

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]PlainPat wrote:
This clown is posting links to his thread inside other threads so with that. /thread[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/jskrabac#myForums/thread/4908348/[/quote]

Lets just turn this thread into a link for other threads. And Inside the other threads link it back to this one. See how long until someone realizes they’re in a never ending cycle.

What kind of sports? Definitely do some research. Sports-centric lifting is a lot different than BB.

Back in the day, I remember some programs going around for football that focused on Squat, Bench, Dead Lift, and Power Clean. Beyond that you’d do some plyo’s and some core work. We did a rotation of 5x5, 3x3, and 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. I saw later programs that would do a bit of periodization where you’d progress over 12 weeks from 3x12 to doubles and singles. Workouts were three days a week and you’d do the whole body.

[quote]PlainPat wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]PlainPat wrote:

Lets just turn this thread into a link for other threads. And Inside the other threads link it back to this one. See how long until someone realizes they’re in a never ending cycle.[/quote]

like inception?

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]PlainPat wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]PlainPat wrote:

Lets just turn this thread into a link for other threads. And Inside the other threads link it back to this one. See how long until someone realizes they’re in a never ending cycle.[/quote]

like inception?
[/quote]

But how do we know this is real?

This looks like alot of volume and a bit short on recovery. I would recommend repeating mondays workout on friday and do the other workout on wednesday. Then you can either take the weekend off and start the next week with wednesdays workout or repeat wednesday on saturday, take sunday off and start again on monday.

You don’t mention your reps. You need to have a system.

I CAME HERE TO HELP THE OP AS HE HAS SENT OUT AN APB THROUGHOUT T-Nation!

WE ARE HERE TO ASSIST YOU Red123!