Upper Body

What about lower body? Why don’t men focus more on that too?

Sorry, I mean some men; I don’t want to generalize.

eeu743, do you really think that the poster seriously wanted physique advice? He’s posing in a bad pair of jeans. I agree with you about the supportive community part, but like 1MoreRep said, abuse magnet.

[quote]venusismyplanet wrote:
Sorry, I mean some men; I don’t want to generalize.[/quote]

talking about legs … i don’t usually compliment women at all (barely ever), but you have one set of legs. A+

[quote]imasri wrote:
venusismyplanet wrote:
Sorry, I mean some men; I don’t want to generalize.

talking about legs … i don’t usually compliment women at all (barely ever), but you have one set of legs. A+

[/quote]

x2 Niceeeeee legs…ops off topic.

OP work your legs. U need the full body, nothings finished or worth it unless its complete.

I mean a lambo aint nothin if its got 4 flat tyres!

I love when a woman who has an attractive avatar posts a reply on a thread, and immediately every guy deviates from the topic -lol

I think most guys avoid training legs for the same reason they dont train their backs,… you don’t see them in a mirror. I realized years ago that when I wore shorts, despite all the squating I did, that my calves looked a lot smaller than my upper arms, so now they’ve become a prioiry in order to have some sort of asthetic (and not just look silly)

S

Thank you for the comliment on my legs, though I didn’t mean to get anyone off the topic :wink: LOL!

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
klochinator wrote:
i’m going to be the first to say it, this guy is juicing. clearly you can tell by his lat spread. what are you pumping into your ass, man?

I really don’t understand the point of this. I don’t really understand the point of most of the posts in this thread, and most of the posts on this site. Do you really think this is conducive to building muscle? Tell him he looks like he’s made progress, AND that he should continue working hard and come back after a while to let us know where he’s at. This isn’t about finding any reason to not be impressed and latching on to it, which is what the majority of this website has become. It’s fine to make suggestions, but I thought this site was supposed to be a community of sorts, not a place for some serious people and a bunch of weekend warriors to get together and argue. I don’t know the man, but I get the impression that Arnold wouldn’t get on and make fun of people like this guy, especially since he really hasn’t said or done anything ridiculous. If you’ve seen “Pumping Iron,” which I’m sure many of you have, there is a scene in which Arnold patiently gives a young bodybuilder with obvious potential advice on posing. He doesn’t make fun of the guy for mediocre posing, he tells him it’s mediocre and recommends ways to fix it.
[/quote]

yeah I noticed that…I posted this thread after reading a few of the threads here, and what it seems to be is that unless someone is insanely jacked then they get torn to shreds. Not EVERYONE is going to be completely shredded, or be bulging out with muscles all over the place. A majority of us are in between, and when you get the mountain of negative feedback from the likes of many of the people in this thread it really doesn’t reflect well on the community of T-Nation as a whole.

and for what it’s worth, I can bench around 235, which is amazing for me because I’ve always struggled with benching. I haven’t maxed out on squats recently but it’s probably in the mid 300s, and I can deadlift 400 lbs., so it’s not like I’m slacking off in the gym.

AccipierQ. post a pic of you deadlifting 400 I call complete utter B.S. on that. Your back looks like it couldnt even hold a bar on it to squat with let alone deadlift 400

You have a body that the chicks might dig. Nice six pack. But when it comes to being a man, I dont think you could make the grade bro. Time to go to work !

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
AccipierQ. post a pic of you deadlifting 400 I call complete utter B.S. on that. Your back looks like it couldnt even hold a bar on it to squat with let alone deadlift 400[/quote]

I don’t think 400 is that great of a deadlift to be honest…I wasn’t bragging

Yeah your right its not a great deadlift. I still think your lying.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
It’s a solid deadlift for anyone who can do it in good form. It’d be amazing if you could do it in could form (Read: any for at all)

You bench around 235? Well I bench around what does that mean. 10-15lbs on the bench which is around whatever number you claim, is a HUGE difference. But I’m sure you know that cuz you kill it in the gym.[/quote]

see this is what I’m talkign about…who said I “kill it” in the gym. And I mean I can push 230 for several reps. I don’t bother with 1 rep maxing on bench because I find it fairly useless. Forums have a way of turning into club houses after a while that’re hostile to new members, and apparently that’s what this place is. I came here for objective advice, and aside from 1 or 2 people pretty much everyone here just tees off on others.

No matter how much you make fun of me, or the other people here posting, you’ll never feel better about yourself. No matter how big you get, you will ALWAYS be insecure, and won’t be able to leave well enough alone.

You have a body that the chicks might dig. Nice six pack. But when it comes to being a man, I dont think you could make the grade bro. Time to go to work ! [/quote]

I agree actually. It’s funny when I first started working out 9 years ago I wasn’t doing it for looks, all I wanted was to be strong. If looks came along with it, good. I was petrified of being a bench-jockey so I didn’t bench for the first 2 years of training. I squatted 3 times per week at one point. Then somewhere along the way I got sidetracked. About a week ago I realized that, yeah, my body looks nice and girls like it, but I wasn’t anywhere as strong as I could be, and my diet wasn’t conducive to any kind of strength gains. That’s actually why I registered on these forums.

You have a body that the chicks might dig. Nice six pack. But when it comes to being a man, I dont think you could make the grade bro. Time to go to work ! [/quote]

LOL! I love when guys refer to women as “chicks.” Anyway, as a “chick” I prefer a man with mass. Big arms, chest, back, legs, etc. I’m not into the lean look. Well, that was just my two cents as to what this “chick” digs.

AccipiterQ,

Many of the members are bashing you because posts like yours pop up in the Rate My Physique forum all too often.

My honest opinion…
You look like the average college student that hits the gym 3 times a week and spends more time talking to his buddies about weekend plans than actually lifting. You may be hawt by “normal” standards, but most T-Nation posters do not agree with those standards.

Maybe its just the picture, but it looks like you have no lower back. That should be a priority, especially if you want a big, strong deadlift.

If you want some good advice, post some pics that don’t look like they belong on myspace, or goofy pictures that are a few years old. Include leg shots, and maybe tell us something about your goals and what you’re doing now.

And, if you want another “chick’s” opinion, a guy should have broad shoulders, a strong back and massive legs. Abs are nice, but not the only thing that matters.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
AccipiterQ,

Many of the members are bashing you because posts like yours pop up in the Rate My Physique forum all too often.

My honest opinion…
You look like the average college student that hits the gym 3 times a week and spends more time talking to his buddies about weekend plans than actually lifting. You may be hawt by “normal” standards, but most T-Nation posters do not agree with those standards.

Maybe its just the picture, but it looks like you have no lower back. That should be a priority, especially if you want a big, strong deadlift.

If you want some good advice, post some pics that don’t look like they belong on myspace, or goofy pictures that are a few years old. Include leg shots, and maybe tell us something about your goals and what you’re doing now.

And, if you want another “chick’s” opinion, a guy should have broad shoulders, a strong back and massive legs. Abs are nice, but not the only thing that matters.[/quote]

thank you for the input!

Here’s my quads

[quote]venusismyplanet wrote:
Anyway, as a “chick” I prefer a man with mass. Big arms, chest, back, legs, etc. I’m not into the lean look. Well, that was just my two cents as to what this “chick” digs.[/quote]

Marry me.

and other young lady who mentioned the same thing.

Side quad, Ass, and Hamstringal area