Upper Body HIIT

I currently incorporate 3 types of cardio HIIT in my weekly training, but was thinking about the benefits of trying a more upper body-based HIIT session instead of one of the leg ones. Any ideas? How about some punchbagging, say 15 seconds of punching with 30-45 of weaving, ducking, dodging etc, cycled around for 20 mins?

Do you have a cycling machine that uses the arms instead of the legs. I see some people using that machine for cardio and maybe even for HIIT. How about the cardio rowing machine, I also see many people doing those as well. As for boxing/punching I only did that briefly at the Y, so I do not know much, but what you are describing sounds fine.

Read this awhile back and tried it myself, total killer cardio workout for your upperbody. Do hanging cleans, but really light, so for example do 95lbs, do this 20 times, rest for about 30secs, then repeat for 20 reps hoepfully, or as much as you can, rest 30 secs and keep repeating. Just find a weight you are comfortable with and maybe start with 1 min in between and do this 10 times and you will def be whooped.

[quote]ShutUpAndSquat wrote:
…was thinking about the benefits of trying a more upper body-based HIIT session instead of one of the leg ones. Any ideas? [/quote]

sledgehammer + old tire + tabata = :slight_smile:

Masturbation:
20seconds on
40seconds off

repeat 10 times
The pump is unbeatable

[quote]humanimal wrote:
Masturbation:
20seconds on
40seconds off

repeat 10 times
The pump is unbeatable[/quote]

Unbeatable?

doesn’t that defeat the purpose of masturbation…