Upper Back Strength

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]BHG wrote:
The upper back will always be the limiting factor in front squats (unless you have the quads of a 10 year old girl), nothing unusual about that. Do more front squats if you want to get better at them.[/quote]

I’ve front squatted 475 at a bodyweight of 200 lbs, just so you know I’m not talking about stuff I don’t know about. And what you’re saying is simply not true for many people. Most people’s form just sucks on front squats. [/quote]

The one I find myself guilty of a lot is trying to sit back too much and not keeping my elbows up.[/quote]

Mixed grip or strap grip for heavy sets, oly grip for warmups so you can still practice until it’s better.

Also, nothing wrong with sitting back, as long as the weight stays evenly distributed between the front/back of your feet.

[quote]BHG wrote:
The upper back will always be the limiting factor in front squats (unless you have the quads of a 10 year old girl), nothing unusual about that. Do more front squats if you want to get better at them.[/quote]

I’ve front squatted 475 at a bodyweight of 200 lbs, just so you know I’m not talking about stuff I don’t know about. And what you’re saying is simply not true for many people. Most people’s form just sucks on front squats. [/quote]

What Im saying is that in a well “balanced” lifter (a lifter having decent quad strength, not just a strong posterior chain) with good form, the upper back usually gives in before the legs do.

BTW, thats a great FS, man. Kudos.

drive elbows up and sink straight down and let the knees come forward, are you using cross grip or cleangrip

[quote]BHG wrote:

[quote]BHG wrote:

What Im saying is that in a well “balanced” lifter (a lifter having decent quad strength, not just a strong posterior chain) with good form, the upper back usually gives in before the legs do.

BTW, thats a great FS, man. Kudos.[/quote]

Again, I would say that’s due to bad setup/execution in most cases. I’ve helped a lot of people dial in their front squatting, and pretty much every time, their problems were fixed by just making a few little tweaks. I’m not saying DON’T train upper back a lot, back and legs are my two favorite bodyparts to train.

I’m using clean grip. I will post my FS in a few days so one can watch and see what might be wrong. I do however doubt that I’m doing smth technically incorrect .ive been doing the FS on and off for maybe 2 or 3 years starting with 60 kg as far as I remember. My max used to be 167 but I started changing my routines a bit chaotically and in the process it went down to below 150.

After I’ve set a solid workout plan, it went a bit up but now for some reason it doesn’t go anywhere.as I said, I will try and post a video, but just for now I can describe my squat as Atg with a narrow ( shoulder width ) stance. I’m pretty tallaswell 194cm.

[quote]BHG wrote:

[quote]BHG wrote:

BTW, thats a great FS, man. Kudos.[/quote]

No, abs. The back as whole isn’t greatly loaded in the front squat.

kroc rows!