Upper back injury

Hello evrybody, this is the first time i have log in to this web site. i found it very interesting, having read the articls i wondered if anyone could help me with my problem.
I have been on the bodybuilding game for about a year. about 6 months a go i had a back injury when working out my shoulders, and since then i have rtied all sorts where had it checked by a doctor, had a message done and that seemed to work for a while, when i went back to doing bench press i get back pains, so theres anyone who can advice me as to what to do pleas do… i love weight lifting i dont think i could ever stop pleas help

There’s nothing sacred about bench press, though a lot of people use it as a yardstick for measuring relative strength. If it’s causing you back pains, I’d look into trying it with your feet on the bench, look at your shoulder placement (drawing the shoulder blades back and down), or try substituting dips and military presses for bench.

It’s hard for me to comment on what is wrong with your back without more information. Approx 2 years ago I had a nagging injury in my left arm that would not go away – the only option appeared to be rest. Which was extremely demoralizing because I was making great gains at the gym and I saw myself losing everything during my rest period. I decided to concentrate on lower body for a full 6 weeks – lots of squats, leg presses, lunges, etc. The result was that my legs grew enormously, my arm healed, and I didn’t really lose much strength or size from my upper body.

I would go to another doctor to find out what is wrong – he’ll probably tell you to rest to let it heal.

Is it really an upper back injury? The title of your post says “upper back injury” but that is the only time you mention it. When most people hurt their backs while benching it is because they arch their backs excessively (and usually their hips come off the bench as well). I would first say if it hurts don’t do it (that particular exercise), secondly put your feet up on the bench and maintain full contact with your back with the length of the bench.