T Nation

Updates- Attorney General Scandal

This blonde bimbo is former Justice Department liason Monica Goodling, who testified in front of the Senate’s Judicial Committee today, after being granted immunity for her testimony. Looks like Goodling is yet another totally incompetent and unqualified appointment in the Bush administration who was mainly chosen for her political loyalty.

She had a good alibi though… even though she may have broken the law, “I believe I crossed the line, but I didn’t mean to”.

She’s a graduate of Jerry Falwell’s law school at “Liberty University”, where I guess they don’t teach their law students that ignorance is not an alibi in court.

[quote]As for her own role in Justice Department hirings and firings, she said, “I do acknowledge that I may have gone too far in asking political questions of applicants for career positions, and I may have taken inappropriate political considerations into account on some occasions, and I regret those mistakes.”

When the hearing got under way, there were suggestions that Ms. Goodling, who is 33, may have acted illegally, rather than just improperly. In any event, the grant of immunity under which she testified protected her from self-incrimination, so long as she told the truth, which she swore to do.[/quote]

This admission of illegality should put to rest that this is simply a matter of Bush’s discretion in hiring and firing. And Goodling contradicted previous witnesses, so this scandal will continue to unfold.

From what I understand she has a TON of information. This could get interesting.

Yesterday, Monica blurted out that the Rove’s office had been involved in “caging” efforts in the 2004 election. Maybe Monica didn’t know that “caging” voters is a crime, supposedly there has been a court order against the Republican Party since the 80s not to use this tactic (which is used to eliminate voters from the books).

If you get caged, when you show up to vote you will be turned away, or your vote will be challenged… you’ll be given a Provisional Ballot which won’t be counted along with the regular votes, in time to count. (Those ballots are hand-counted later).

More info on what caging is, here:

Correction: Regent University was founded by Pat Robertson, not Jerry Falwell. It was formerly known as Christian Broadcast Network University.

The Bush administration appointed 150 graduates of Regent University to work in career government jobs, according to Regent’s website.

“Regent Law was ranked in Tier 4 by U.S. News, the lowest ranking and essentially a tie for 136th place out of 170 schools surveyed.”

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
Correction: Regent University was founded by Pat Robertson, not Jerry Falwell. It was formerly known as Christian Broadcast Network University.

The Bush administration appointed 150 graduates of Regent University to work in career government jobs, according to Regent’s website.

“Regent Law was ranked in Tier 4 by U.S. News, the lowest ranking and essentially a tie for 136th place out of 170 schools surveyed.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent_University[/quote]

I looked up their admissions stats a few weeks ago after hearing Goodling and co. and I wasn’t too surprised to learn that it’s basically little more than a community college of law. The median LSAT was something like 153 which is around the mid 50s percentiles. Some of the most senior positions in the DoJ were occupied by some thoroughly mediocre minds fresh out of a mediocre educational institution.

Were these people really the best they could do? Did all the thousands of more qualified conservative lawyers turn these posts down?

I don’t know the word, but this is just another huge cronyism style set of appointments based on having a certain belief system.

Obviously, that you believe the same thing Bush believes is more important to this administration than the quality of your thinking.

Fortunately, in a way, appointing a bunch of idiot sycophants has a way of showing up, as idiots are quite prone to screw up and make their incompetence public…

I think anyone but the most bent over cheerleader can start noticing all the unethical actions, the mistakes, the arrogance, the incredibly laughable attempts at “testimony”, and plainly see things for what they are.

What an outright clusterfuck!

If I was a republican I’d be ashamed to show my face.

Another disturbing bit of related info:

Network Hosting Attorney Scandal E-Mails Also Hosted Ohio’s 2004 Election Results
Did the most powerful Republicans in America have the computer capacity, software skills and electronic infrastructure in place on Election Night 2004 to tamper with the Ohio results to ensure George W. Bush’s re-election?

The answer appears to be yes. There is more than ample documentation to show that on Election Night 2004, Ohio’s “official” Secretary of State website – which gave the world the presidential election results – was redirected from an Ohio government server to a group of servers that contain scores of Republican web sites, including the secret White House e-mail accounts that have emerged in the scandal surrounding Attorney General Alberto Gonzales’s firing of eight federal prosecutors…

On Election Night 2004, the Republican Party not only controlled the vote-counting process in Ohio, the final presidential swing state, through a secretary of state who was a co-chair of the Bush campaign, but it also controlled the technology that allowed the tally of the vote in Ohio’s 88 counties to be reported to the media and voters.
http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/50941

Are Rove’s missing e-mails the smoking guns of the stolen 2004 election?

Can you imagine if the only thing that stood in the way of stealing an election was their integrity?

Rove -ing emails: what else could go missing?
As reported here, the Bush family’s personal Internet strategist installed proprietary database, email, and web servers on the U.S. House of Representatives IT networks, less than three months after President George W. Bush took office in 2001…

Whether the conflict of interest is real or apparent matters little, because so far no one has even asked the question: should a top campaign consultant with a history of electoral fraud be a systems administrator for federal government IT networks?
http://scoop.epluribusmedia.org/story/2007/4/22/33926/1773

Ken Blackwell Outsources Ohio Election Results to GOP Internet Operatives, Again
The State of Ohio’s real-time, streaming election results are first diverted through Chattanooga, TN, to a GOP-only web firm and the servers currently hosting georgewbush.com, as well as other key Republican web sites.
http://scoop.epluribusmedia.org/story/2006/11/7/115314/922