Update on the Atlanta Honor Killing

I dont got a beef with Islam (rationale practicers).

I jsut hate how the U.S. and Western society pamper them now, so not to offend them. What is this with foot washing stations, Muslim women only pool time at Harvard, no driving taxis if passenger is carrying alcohol

…fuck that shit. Your entitled to the same priveledges and must follow the rules like everyone else

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Makavali wrote:
So he admitted to it? Death.

Yeah, he’s proud of himself. He stood there on the driveway smoking a cigarette while the cops showed up. [/quote]

He is a smoker? Not cool.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
pat wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Religion = Murder.

Shut it.

Atheists still win the murder pissing contest…I don’t see that record being broken anytime soon.

Even if your statement were true,all you’re intimating is that it makes religious murder acceptable…[/quote]

It is true, look it up.

How is stating a fact that the most murderous campains ever to grace the earth were done by Athiests? It’s just a fact, not a statement on the morality of murder.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Makavali wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Way to miss it yourself. It’s “Deportation to all Muslims,” so they can practice this sixth century barbarism in their own country and leave the rest of us alone.

BTW, way to ignore all of the points I made about shari’ah and their Qur’anic support. Par for the course for you.

Deportation to all Muslims who can’t adapt to a Western Society you mean. Let’s not generalize.

Again, you’re missing the point. Muslims, by definition, “can’t adapt to a Western Society”.

Pay attention![/quote]

Just look at Sweden…All the muslims keep to themselves and refuse to integrate. The Swedes love that shit.

If you don’t like the west, get the fuck out. It’s really simple.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Makavali wrote:
So he admitted to it? Death.

Yeah, he’s proud of himself. He stood there on the driveway smoking a cigarette while the cops showed up.

He is a smoker? Not cool.[/quote]

I used to smoke…I still miss it.

[quote]pat wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
pat wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Religion = Murder.

Shut it.

Atheists still win the murder pissing contest…I don’t see that record being broken anytime soon.

Even if your statement were true,all you’re intimating is that it makes religious murder acceptable…

It is true, look it up.

How is stating a fact that the most murderous campains ever to grace the earth were done by Athiests? It’s just a fact, not a statement on the morality of murder.[/quote]

There haven’t been too many atrocities committed in the name of atheism. Stalin for example just happened to be an evil man who ordered the deaths of those he saw as a threat. He didn’t commit atrocities in order to further the cause of not being religious.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
pat wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
pat wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Religion = Murder.

Shut it.

Even if your statement were true,all you’re intimating is that it makes religious murder acceptable…

It is true, look it up.

How is stating a fact that the most murderous campains ever to grace the earth were done by Athiests? It’s just a fact, not a statement on the morality of murder.

There haven’t been too many atrocities committed in the name of atheism. Stalin for example just happened to be an evil man who ordered the deaths of those he saw as a threat. He didn’t commit atrocities in order to further the cause of not being religious.

[/quote]

Stalin used to kill religious people for practicing and spreading religion, regularly. The chinese have done that as well. Lenin famous executed the 200 Orthodox Catholic school children to scare people away from religion. The may not have expounded the virtues of atheism, but killing religious people because they are being religious vs. Atheists is pretty much the same as killing in the name of a religion. After all, aren’t muslims killing many “infidels” because they aren’t muslim? Sounds very similar to me.

[quote]pat wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
pat wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
pat wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Religion = Murder.

Shut it.

It is true, look it up.

Stalin used to kill religious people for practicing and spreading religion, regularly. The chinese have done that as well. Lenin famous executed the 200 Orthodox Catholic school children to scare people away from religion. The may not have expounded the virtues of atheism, but killing religious people because they are being religious vs. Atheists is pretty much the same as killing in the name of a religion. After all, aren’t muslims killing many “infidels” because they aren’t muslim? Sounds very similar to me.[/quote]

I believe that all of those cases had more to do with persecuting people who were viewed as a threat to those in power. I see this as being very different to killing in the name of a belief system.

You could argue though that these people were only able to commit these acts because they did not believe that a higher power exists that will punish them in the afterlife.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
pat wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
pat wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
pat wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Religion = Murder.

Shut it.

It is true, look it up.

Stalin used to kill religious people for practicing and spreading religion, regularly. The chinese have done that as well. Lenin famous executed the 200 Orthodox Catholic school children to scare people away from religion. The may not have expounded the virtues of atheism, but killing religious people because they are being religious vs. Atheists is pretty much the same as killing in the name of a religion. After all, aren’t muslims killing many “infidels” because they aren’t muslim? Sounds very similar to me.

I believe that all of those cases had more to do with persecuting people who were viewed as a threat to those in power. I see this as being very different to killing in the name of a belief system.

You could argue though that these people were only able to commit these acts because they did not believe that a higher power exists that will punish them in the afterlife.

[/quote]

They were trying to get rid of all forms of religion because it did not fit with the communist ideology.

Here’s a nice article about it:

Here’s a snippet from that article:
Many Orthodox (along with peoples of other faiths) were also subjected to psychological punishment or torture and mind control experimentation in order to force them give up their religious convictions (see Pite�?ti prison). [13][14] It is estimated the some 20 million Christians (18 million Orthodox, 2 million Roman Catholic) died or where interned in gulags under the Soviet regime 2.7 million martyred under Stalin.[15]"

If you perceived 20 million people as a “threat”, you have psychological problems, because if 20 million people in a single country are, in fact a threat, you’re doomed, plain and simple.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
lixy wrote:
Makavali wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Way to miss it yourself. It’s “Deportation to all Muslims,” so they can practice this sixth century barbarism in their own country and leave the rest of us alone.

BTW, way to ignore all of the points I made about shari’ah and their Qur’anic support. Par for the course for you.

Deportation to all Muslims who can’t adapt to a Western Society you mean. Let’s not generalize.

Again, you’re missing the point. Muslims, by definition, “can’t adapt to a Western Society”.

Pay attention!

so why emigrate and expect others to adapt?
I want to move to the north pole and I demand that Texas weather be there when I get there. I have a book that says I am entitled to it.[/quote]

[quote]pat wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
pat wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
pat wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
pat wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Religion = Murder.

Shut it.

It is true, look it up.

Stalin used to kill religious people for practicing and spreading religion, regularly. The chinese have done that as well. Lenin famous executed the 200 Orthodox Catholic school children to scare people away from religion.

The may not have expounded the virtues of atheism, but killing religious people because they are being religious vs. Atheists is pretty much the same as killing in the name of a religion. After all, aren’t muslims killing many “infidels” because they aren’t muslim? Sounds very similar to me.

They were trying to get rid of all forms of religion because it did not fit with the communist ideology.

Here’s a nice article about it:

Here’s a snippet from that article:
[i]Many Orthodox (along with peoples of other faiths) were also subjected to psychological punishment or torture and mind control experimentation in order to force them give up their religious convictions (see Pite�?ti prison).

[13][14] It is estimated the some 20 million Christians (18 million Orthodox, 2 million Roman Catholic) died or where interned in gulags under the Soviet regime 2.7 million martyred under Stalin.[15]" [/i]

If you perceived 20 million people as a “threat”, you have psychological problems, because if 20 million people in a single country are, in fact a threat, you’re doomed, plain and simple.[/quote]

I imagine most mass murderers have psychological problems.

“God will protect me. God is watching,” Pakistani immigrant Chaudhry Rashid allegedly confessed to cops. “I strangled my daughter.”

We live during a time where we’re all pretty much desensitized to talk about God. But just put that aside for a moment and just look plainly at what this guy is saying. You remove the God-friendly context and you are able to see him for what he really is - a delusional psychopath.

[quote]Brayton wrote:
“God will protect me. God is watching,” Pakistani immigrant Chaudhry Rashid allegedly confessed to cops. “I strangled my daughter.”

We live during a time where we’re all pretty much desensitized to talk about God. But just put that aside for a moment and just look plainly at what this guy is saying. You remove the God-friendly context and you are able to see him for what he really is - a delusional psychopath. [/quote]

Did you even read my post, or are you just regurgitating PC platitudes?

huh? I’m with you, man. I think its utter bullshit that we live in an age where no one will acknowledge that this is religiously motivated. I am sick of the media and everyone else pussyfooting around the Muslim religion.

The media has the same access to these texts as anyone else. They should call the Muslims out on it - including the ‘moderate’ Muslims who conventiently sidestep this insanity.

My point above was that it’s so easy to succomb to the PC attitude towards religion and not see these creeds and their believers as behaving as if they were batshit crazy. There’s no room for a “cultural misunderstanding” here.

I don’t think this guy would have any trouble understanding my own hands squeezing the life out of him.

[quote]Brayton wrote:
There’s no room for a “cultural misunderstanding” here. [/quote]

Care to illustrate when it ever comes into play in a murder case?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Brayton wrote:
There’s no room for a “cultural misunderstanding” here.

Care to illustrate when it ever comes into play in a murder case?[/quote]

Sure. It comes into play when there is a murder like this one where the suspect is of a different culture than some of the people who observe it (the neighbors, the media, whatever) and those people are staunch relativists.

Those who aim to be politically correct interpret the accusation of religious motivation as being a cultural misunderstanding (in this case we have a professor saying its just good old fashioned domestic abuse). I put the phrase in quotes because I think it’s bullshit.

There’s no misunderstanding. It’s a murder driven by religious doctrine and a coinciding general lack of compassion and humanity.

I can see how I wasn’t being totally clear. Hope that helps.

[quote]Brayton wrote:
lixy wrote:
Brayton wrote:
There’s no room for a “cultural misunderstanding” here.

Care to illustrate when it ever comes into play in a murder case?

Sure. It comes into play when there is a murder like this one where the suspect is of a different culture than some of the people who observe it (the neighbors, the media, whatever) and those people are staunch relativists.

Those who aim to be politically correct interpret the accusation of religious motivation as being a cultural misunderstanding (in this case we have a professor saying its just good old fashioned domestic abuse).

I put the phrase in quotes because I think it’s bullshit. There’s no misunderstanding. It’s a murder driven by religious doctrine and a coinciding general lack of compassion and humanity.

I can see how I wasn’t being totally clear. Hope that helps.[/quote]

You still phrase it in a way that does not rule out the possibility of “cultural misunderstanding” being somehow valid in some murder cases
(i.e: use of the words “here”, “like this one”, etc.)

Regardless, I could use some illustrations (as in real life examples as opposed to blah-blah theories) of these “neighbors, the media, whatever”.

It’s not that I don’t trust your personal perspective, but from what I read and the people I talk to, I can’t think of a single instance where “cultural misunderstanding” is invoked to give the murderous bastard a pass.

It doesn’t add up.

“You still phrase it in a way that does not rule out the possibility of “cultural misunderstanding” being somehow valid in some murder cases
(i.e: use of the words “here”, “like this one”, etc.)”

That’s fine. I’m really only talking about this example. It might never be valid. I can’t really think of any time that it would be.

“Regardless, I could use some illustrations (as in real life examples as opposed to blah-blah theories) of these “neighbors, the media, whatever”. It’s not that I don’t trust your personal perspective, but from what I read and the people I talk to, I can’t think of a single instance where “cultural misunderstanding” is invoked to give the murderous bastard a pass.”

I gave the example of the professor in the article. There’s an excruciating amount of moral relativism within my cohort in the United States (at least in New England).

I’ve been in ethics classes where genital mutilation is brought up and there’s always a few “well, it’s a different culture…”. There’s a general reluctance to condemn ANYTHING that is done in another culture. It’s brutal.

“It doesn’t add up.”

Exactly. It’s ridiculous. This is basically my point.

[quote]Brayton wrote:

[/quote]

I’m not sure what professor in what article you’re referring to. I went through all the linked pieces in this thread and couldn’t find any such reference.

You made your point of view and sentiments perfectly clear. What I’m asking here is that you substantiate them. What neighbor? What media? Who in their right minds (in the strictest sense of the term) did invoke “cultural misunderstanding” to downplay or justify murder?