T Nation

Update on Strained Hip

Exactly 2 months ago I strained a ligament or something in my right hip. After a DE chain squat workout, the next day I could not walk. It took about a week to walk without severe pain. I did no leg work for 2 weeks and slowly started up again. Today I full squatted 275 for 4 reps and 315 for 2 reps with no belt, wraps, etc. Last month I was squatting the bar in pain. Now, I would say I’m about 75% recovered (my squat before was 405 or so). I still lack flexibility in my hips but I’m working on it (thanks Coach Davies for the hip mobility movements).

I’d also like to mention that I tried Coach’s “Bear” complex and it is quite intense. I managed 95 lbs. for 3 x 5. My goal is 135 in 8 weeks. I’m also now able to do glute ham raises w/out assistance. Meaning, I can almost lower myself completely to the ground without bracing w/ my hands. I hope to have this mastered in 8 weeks as well.

That is fantastic to hear, keep up the good work! You’ll be back in top shape in no time.

Hi Machine! Glad to hear you’re getting back in the game, so to speak!

Ko and I are also hooked on The Bear. And for all who plan on performing this exercise? Don't plan a weight training session the next day!