Update On My V-Diet

I began on 3/24. It is now day 3. I have lost 2 lbs so far.
In spite of what everyone says on this forum. I still chose to stick some cardio in my routine. I have done 1 day of it so far and will do 2 days of weight train.

In spite of being told not to put fruit in my shakes. I decided to. Olympic Gold Medalist “Lee Hayney” along with several health professionals agree that fruit is “god’s candy”. Therefore i see no reason to execute it out of my diet. However I am only limiting my fruits to Blue berries and strawberries which has the lowest sugar and carb content in the shakes. I only add the fruit in the morning when my metabolism is at its highest.

I dont think iam going to exceed 2 HOT-ROX per day during the first 4 wks because i have had some side effects that I dont like.

Other than these small modifications, I am following the diet to a tee. Just thought I would update yall.
Bye 4 now

[quote]lexee_tha_great wrote:
I began on 3/24. It is now day 3. I have lost 2 lbs so far.
In spite of what everyone says on this forum. I still chose to stick some cardio in my routine. I have done 1 day of it so far and will do 2 days of weight train.

In spite of being told not to put fruit in my shakes. I decided to. Olympic Gold Medalist “Lee Hayney” along with several health professionals agree that fruit is “god’s candy”. Therefore i see no reason to execute it out of my diet. However I am only limiting my fruits to Blue berries and strawberries which has the lowest sugar and carb content in the shakes. I only add the fruit in the morning when my metabolism is at its highest.

I dont think iam going to exceed 2 HOT-ROX per day during the first 4 wks because I have had some side effects that I dont like.

Other than these small modifications, I am following the diet to a tee. Just thought I would update yall.
Bye 4 now
[/quote]

you’re not doing the v-diet, period. that is all. The sooner you realize this the better off you’ll be. As i’ve said in other people logs, its the scientific method, why mess with something proven to work a certain way, you’re not a fitness professional, you have not developed this diet, It has been proven to work how it is outlined by Shugs, every other ‘modification’ has failed.

also, Lee Haney was not an olympic athlete, he was a body buildier who won the Olympia, not the olympics, there is a big difference.

sorry if this all sound mean or blunt… i still have a feeling you’ll totally disregard this as a jerk on the forum, but its the truth. Do the diet EXACTLY as outlined, just becasue you ‘pimp out a honda civic’ does not make it a ferrari, its still a civic… do you get what i’m sayin… ok enough, i’m going home…

hi no i dont think you are a jerk but if that was your motive to be one then that’s but it did not work. however i will say this, if im seeing results, i really dont see a reason not to call it the v diet. also like i said im still only taking 2 of those pills per day im not going to put myself at risk with side effects that disrupt me at my job or my day PERIOD!

[quote]lexee_tha_great wrote:
Other than these small modifications, I am following the diet to a tee. [/quote]

“Well other than doing the opposite of what the creator of the program told me to, I’m following the diet to a tee.”

No you’re not. I’m tired of people saying this. What you’re doing is a bastardized version of the V-Diet, which can now be best described as a sem-ketogenic diet.

So apparently information that you have read about from a guy who competed in bodybuilding over two decades ago and several health professionals who in likelihood have never heard of the V-Diet is going to sway your opinion over a proven method?

You’re completely disregarding information given by the inventor of the program because of some other stuff you heard about a couple times from people who have no relevance to the diet at all?

You’re whole attitude towards this thing and your blatant diregard for genuine and useful advice from everyone is astonishing. I will say from the bottom of my heart that if you fail miserably I will be the first person in line to tell you “I told you so.”

-dizzle

you wish i would fail miserably. but i won’t if you’re here for negative feedback i wish not to speak with u. if you got something positive to say say it. you people act like im eating 2 cheeseburgers and drinking a shake and eating a hot apple pie afterward.

Well you plan on telling me what you want. that is cool i’ll still be alive at least i wont die from complications from taking 5 pills a day that already give me chest pains w/ one dose.

The first time i spoke to you you had an attitude anyway so i guess there’s no difference now.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
lexee_tha_great wrote:
Other than these small modifications, I am following the diet to a tee.

“Well other than doing the opposite of what the creator of the program told me to, I’m following the diet to a tee.”

No you’re not. I’m tired of people saying this. What you’re doing is a bastardized version of the V-Diet, which can now be best described as a sem-ketogenic diet.

So apparently information that you have read about from a guy who competed in bodybuilding over two decades ago and several health professionals who in likelihood have never heard of the V-Diet is going to sway your opinion over a proven method?

You’re completely disregarding information given by the inventor of the program because of some other stuff you heard about a couple times from people who have no relevance to the diet at all?

You’re whole attitude towards this thing and your blatant diregard for genuine and useful advice from everyone is astonishing. I will say from the bottom of my heart that if you fail miserably I will be the first person in line to tell you “I told you so.”

-dizzle[/quote]

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

“2. NEPA Walks: There is no traditional cardio or aerobics on the V-Diet plan. It’s not necessary and actually counterproductive. Excess cardio during a strict diet like this can lead to muscle loss. Instead, you’ll be focusing on NEPA or Non-Exercise Physical Activity.”

"Warning: You will not “make the diet faster” by going for long runs or doing sprints. You will impede recovery, have less energy, and possibly cause your body to catabolize lean muscle tissue, which will in turn wreck your metabolism.

The diet itself does most of the fat burning here and the weight training builds and/or helps you retain the metabolism-boosting muscle. Traditional cardio and aerobics just aren’t necessary while on the V-Diet, and may even be counterproductive."

-Chris Shugart

Instead of accusing the people posting here of being jerks, and writing your posts using aim grammar, try listening to what they say and realizing you’re bastardizing the v-diet and not helping yourself progress forward.

Chris also said that although by changing the diet you can still get nice results, they will never compare to those of a person who follows the diet as it was meant to be followed. Why change something that was perfected over time by professionals?? I’m sure you know better though, afterall, you feel it’s wise to leave the advice so many people tell you unheeded and go ahead and do your own thing.

“My dentist told me that to fix my teeth specifically I have to floss every day. He’s a nice guy, but this one guy that had really nice teeth in the 80’s said that all you need to do is use mouthwash, so I’m gunna do that instead. Besides that, I’m following my dentist’s recommendations to a tee.”

-dizzle

Day 4 211 in ya face Dizzle. Im not a man so therefore im not gonna do exactly what you do. Fall back with all of your cheesy comments we’re not in 10th grade anymore. You’re corny dude if you have a 9-5 work some more hours stop talkin mess to me, do some over time, lift some weights. If you don’t have a 9-5, well that right there says it all …GET ONE.

People’s ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

“I’m a woman, not a man, therefore I will leave all advice given to me unheeded and do something the creator of the diet stressed several times not to do”

Excuse me? I’m rarely nasty toward people and usually ignore the naysayers but enough was enough. Listen stop bothering me with your whining and complaining. if y’all wanna see me fail just let me do what I want with this diet OK! Stop telling me how I’m doing wrong find something better to do. If Im doing so wrong, tell me why my pants are lose on me. My stomach is smaller and so is my face. When i get my digital camera I ordered, I will show you people and after that I want u to really leave me the fuck alone.

A few words for you Zelazo, it’'s people like you that make this world go round. You are probably a queen because you seem like one with that comment.

I’m not gonna say it again if you have something nasty to say dont come to this post. This morning I did not add anything to that shake and I walked with my dog this morning in the park. So fall back with your nagging comments!

Which would be going back to the original v-diet, which is the advice we all gave you.

Chris also said that those who don’t follow the diet to a T will still achieve great results, just not as significant as those who do.

Hey folks, just so you know, I will deliver the stats tomorrow on my 1st wk of the V diet.