T Nation

Update of Le Rig

Pretty happy with the results of 5/3/1 so far, nearly a full year in and I'm much thicker in the legs/back. Not really a body builder but definitely wouldn't mind bigger shoulders and upper chest

Two more Pics taken this week, Front one was from chest day (thanks for the sweet lighting snap fitness) and second was after deadlifts and shrugs

At the moment my diet is pretty much eat as much as I can. I don’t have a massive appetite so its a mad rush for me to get in about 3600 cals a day (thats what I aim for, at 50/25/25 Carbs Fats Protein). Everywhere I read says different things…I know wendler says in the 5/3/1 ebook something about 2g protein for every lb bodyweight but that seems huuuuuge to me…then again I’m not a dietician so who knows.
Any help, suggestions etc would be handy.
I’m pretty much an ectomorph with some mesomorph traits.

I don’t have much input, but solid physique imo! How long have you been at this?

Also, out of curiosity, weight / height?

5/3/1 for about 30 weeks. Probably only really a year of ‘intelligent’ training before that. Everything before that point was unprogrammed workouts which I didn’t really make much progress, like I got a little bigger but not really stronger. I also used to only eat like 1800 calories because I was under the misguided view that it was possible to build lean muscle be starving myself and drinking whey protein. Basically I was an idiot, but thank god I decided to educate myself.

[quote]Mikebox wrote:
I don’t have much input, but solid physique imo! How long have you been at this?

Also, out of curiosity, weight / height? [/quote]

5’8 and 81kg or 178lb. I thought I was 183lb but I had my conversion wrong. Guess I’ll just keep eating haha