Up Over 200 Lbs!

So I weighed myself today after my workout. 201 lbs.!! First time I’m up over it in my life, I feel like I’m starting to get closer to the ‘big boys’ so to speak. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help from people here especially CC, 300, Prof X, J Rock, Live, etc. I switched to an upper/lower heavy/light split, and along with 4000 cals/day I’ve managed to add some good weight onto all my lifts. I set a new record for a DL triple last week, and just today set a new BB Row record. I also benched 250 for 6 today, and considering my highest single is 265 (last year, this year my high was around 240 before this current bulk) I should be setting a record there soon.

The article recently from Thibs, about aiming for 1-2 lbs. lean per week contributed a lot too, so I’m still around 12.5% bf I’d say, so it hasn’t been sloppy at all, and I’m looking forward to 210 now.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help I’ve gotten here.

congraluation buddy!

Good work - Keep it up, man.

Cool story bra… Srsly this is not “Make Posts about achiements i have made” thread make a log if you want people to see this shit. Way to many of these posts in this thread.

200 is a big milestone. Congrats man.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
So I weighed myself today after my workout. 201 lbs.!! First time I’m up over it in my life, I feel like I’m starting to get closer to the ‘big boys’ so to speak. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help from people here especially CC, 300, Prof X, J Rock, Live, etc. I switched to an upper/lower heavy/light split, and along with 4000 cals/day I’ve managed to add some good weight onto all my lifts. I set a new record for a DL triple last week, and just today set a new BB Row record. I also benched 250 for 6 today, and considering my highest single is 265 (last year, this year my high was around 240 before this current bulk) I should be setting a record there soon.

The article recently from Thibs, about aiming for 1-2 lbs. lean per week contributed a lot too, so I’m still around 12.5% bf I’d say, so it hasn’t been sloppy at all, and I’m looking forward to 210 now.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help I’ve gotten here. [/quote]

Nice man it would be cool for you to post a pic at that bf and weight! im 205 but prob 16% bf as my waist is 34 inches

Very cool. At 12.5%, sounds like you did everything right.

S

[quote]gorilla190 wrote:
AccipiterQ wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help I’ve gotten here.

Nice man it would be cool for you to post a pic at that bf and weight! im 205 but prob 16% bf as my waist is 34 inches[/quote]

I think I’m going to tonight, or tomorrow (I work til 10 PM today). People have noticed that even in baggy jeans my legs look much bigger. I was about 181 2.5 months ago, so it’s been quite a transformation.

AQ-- nice work!!!

[quote]optheta wrote:
Cool story bra… Srsly this is not “Make Posts about achiements i have made” thread make a log if you want people to see this shit. Way to many of these posts in this thread.

[/quote]

Why do you care? Maybe he figured the people he’s mentioning would have a better chance of seeing it here.
It’s not like he’s making a thread about why he doesn’t want to be 200 (and by the way this is a thread in a subforum not a post in a thread).

To the OP, good job. I’m looking forward to the day I hit 200.

Good work mate, full speed ahead towards 210!

Great job man…

I take it you’ve addressed your squat issues, then?

[quote]optheta wrote:

[/quote]

Because there are so many other worthwhile threads on the BB forum, this is really cluttering things up with someone that actually seems to be doing quite well and hit a milestone.

good job, i hope to be 200 lbs soonly…won’t be able to bench 250 though, too many shoulder issues that have held me back :frowning:

Congrats man! I have a ways to go, I just hit 140!..

Grats, huge milestone victory! Take a picture so you can laugh at it when you hit 250.

-Sab

haha thats funny i weighed in at 201 for the first time yesterday. Congrats!
its a sick feeling.

Congratulations.

What do you do on light days in your split?

[quote]SSC wrote:
Great job man…

I take it you’ve addressed your squat issues, then?[/quote]

yeah definitely. Got a lot of help here and other places. Afterwards I found that going to Olympic depth really helped a lot too. Somehow I’m more comfortable doing them that way.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Congratulations.

What do you do on light days in your split? [/quote]

Light/Upper:
DB Incline: 3x8
Pullups: 3x10
DB Militaries: 2x10
Chinups: 2x10

or something along those lines.