Unwilling Insurance, What Now?

So I have Kaiser for my insurance and they’re prtty much unwilling to do anything for me in regards to testosterone. They’re really cheap when it comes to putting people on t therapy.

So my question now is what do I do? I can’t afford to pay for t shots out of pocket so what is the next best thing? Over or under counter works, just want to know what my options are. Thanks.

Anyone?

Injected T is affordable out-of-pocket.

From what i read, as KSman suggested, injectable T is somewhere in $40 per month range, its not that bad. I have a high deductible insurance, and androGel costs were over $250 per month until I make the minimum, then its over a $100. If you are going wight he gel, check compound pharmacies in your areas.

[quote]shak77 wrote:
From what i read, as KSman suggested, injectable T is somewhere in $40 per month range, its not that bad. I have a high deductible insurance, and androGel costs were over $250 per month until I make the minimum, then its over a $100. If you are going wight he gel, check compound pharmacies in your areas. [/quote]

Depending on where you get your stuff, could even be less than that. Test enan or cyp are dirt cheap, prop is double that price, mg per mg.

I’d prefer the shots. What websites are good for ordering?

They aren’t suggesting dark side sources. They are saying that your doctor prescribes test cyp or enth, and you pick it up from the pharmacy; covering the cost out of pocket.

Androgel is ridiculously expensive if not fully covered by insurance. You would probably do better on the injections, anyway.

OK my doc already told me I didn’t need test replacement because I fall within Kaiser’s normal range. I just emailed him to see if he’d prescribe it anyway but I doubt he will. I’m lookin for other options if the doc rejects my request.

Post your labs and ranges. Have you read ‘advice for new guys’ sticky.

Doctor needs to consider your symptoms and lab work. He need to treat your condition, not your lab numbers.

[quote]doubleup wrote:
OK my doc already told me I didn’t need test replacement because I fall within Kaiser’s normal range. I just emailed him to see if he’d prescribe it anyway but I doubt he will. I’m lookin for other options if the doc rejects my request.[/quote]

What are your test levels? Remember, after you are on trt, your body will eventually shut off your own test roduction, unless your doc is on the plan with test + ai + hcg.

Here’s a previous thread with my latest results:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/doubleup#myForums/thread/5457000/