T Nation

Unusual Experience in the Gym

A couple days ago I went to the gym around 6 AM. I got a locker, changed, then went to work out.

Things were going well. At one point I had to wait because some guys were using the only squat rack. I asked how long it would be and one guy told me about five minutes. After about that long he said it was all mine and I proceeded with my workout.

There might have been some chatter among the people there but I didn’t really pay attention. As usual, I either added weight to the bar or got more reps since last time depending on the plan, overall a good workout. Then I went back into the locker room. Someone’s stuff was right below the locker I was using and the guy noticed and quickly moved his clothes out of the way, apologizing. I said No problem. Then I went home.

I thought I’d share this “unusual” experience because while this is pretty standard for me every time I work out, everyone else on this site seems to go to gyms that are horrible places with tons of distractions and rude people.

I dont know that usually happens to me too.

I’ve yet to hear a guy say No if you ask politely. If he does, you then have universal permission to throw his ass into the nearest trash can.

Plus, being polite is always a good thing.

My school’s gym is so big that I get a bit of everything. However, the guys around my locker are usually pretty cool, it’s a nice set-up for coexistence. The only people that really pose problems are the insecure noobs or (no stereotype here, seriously) the frat boys who think they own the flat benches or squat racks.

I just recently switched to Curves. It’s great. No alpha males, no chest thumping, no one trying to pick me up. Only downside is I have to pretend to be a woman and work out on their hamster wheels.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
My school’s gym is so big that I get a bit of everything. However, the guys around my locker are usually pretty cool, it’s a nice set-up for coexistence. The only people that really pose problems are the insecure noobs or (no stereotype here, seriously) the frat boys who think they own the flat benches or squat racks.[/quote]

thats odd. since when do frat boys squat?

[quote]Weeze wrote:
Padilla7921 wrote:
My school’s gym is so big that I get a bit of everything. However, the guys around my locker are usually pretty cool, it’s a nice set-up for coexistence. The only people that really pose problems are the insecure noobs or (no stereotype here, seriously) the frat boys who think they own the flat benches or squat racks.

thats odd. since when do frat boys squat?[/quote]

He never said that they SQUATTED in the squat rack.

[quote]Weeze wrote:
Padilla7921 wrote:

thats odd. since when do frat boys squat?[/quote]

They are curling duh!

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
He never said that they SQUATTED in the squat rack.[/quote]
and

[quote]ukrainian said:
They are curling duh![/quote]

Ding ding ding. You guys got it.

youre probaly one of the weirdos everyone is talking about

On a completely unrelated note, aren’t Under Armour tank tops awesome for working out? I own one in every color.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
youre probaly one of the weirdos everyone is talking about[/quote]

I went back to my hometown one weekend and used the gym there, and I saw some guy trying to show some girl with him how to lunges with a smith machine. Maybe I’m waaay out of the loop or fucking retarded, but I wanted to bitch-slap him when he started yelling at her because she couldn’t do it.