Untrained Fighter Beats Pro Boxer

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I knew a guy who read an article about a quote from his therapist that his neighbor had seen Salma Hayek naked in the shower. [/quote]

So, who won?[/quote]

The detachable shower head.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I knew a guy who read an article about a quote from his therapist that his neighbor had seen Salma Hayek naked in the shower. [/quote]

So, who won?[/quote]

[/quote]

Cue rim shot.

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

So, who won?[/quote]

[/quote]

Cue rim shot.[/quote]

We’ll require pics of that as well.

Pat Swenney would tell you it’s very possible.

Just because the other dude was “untrained” doesn’t mean he hasn’t been fighting. Chances are that wasn’t his first bar fight.

Anyone can get lucky. I used to play rugby, and when I made the transition from loose forward to front row, I weighed only about 225. My FIRST time starting at that position, my opposite was a former Eagle (US national team). At the first scrum of the match I stood him up and wheeled the scrum and we got back possession. LUCKY! Needless to say, he man handled my ass for the rest of the day, but I surprised the shit out of everyone on that first scrum!

Anyone can get lucky.

[quote]four60 wrote:

They are fit, trained and in many cases more capable to cause damage than most They just do not have whatever that " thing" is they need to put in all together in a real fight.

[/quote]

that thing is called “crazy”.

You ever see the video of that mma guy getting whooped on by a whole bunch of thugs. All the training in the world can not help you for multiple targets with weapons when you are unarmed. Unless you are Bas Rutten,that guy gives chuck norris nightmares.

Y’all do realize that this is another made up story fron Clip, right? First he was untrained, then he had 6 black belts, next he’ll be some random black dude that eats once a day but benches 350 at 170lbs while drinking Colt 45’s. These events never happened.

I knew that! I can see internet sarcasms well

this is one of the reasons i see no value in combat training…one slip up and all your years of work go DOWN THE DRAIN.

I’d rather people see my size and think twice about trying to start a fight…or having enough size to where its hardER for them to hurt me. (assuming worst case scenario).

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
this is one of the reasons i see no value in combat training…one slip up and all your years of work go DOWN THE DRAIN.

I’d rather people see my size and think twice about trying to start a fight…or having enough size to where its hardER for them to hurt me. (assuming worst case scenario).[/quote]

Saying you “see no value” just because of one instance is foolish.

There are more than enough instances where professional or amateur boxers fucked up people on the street to justify the time spent if you happen to enjoy the sport.

Off the top of my head, Mike Tyson, Arturo Gatti, Kelly Pavlik, Micky Ward, Dicky Eklund, and many local fighters I know personally all have gotten into trouble for seriously hurting civilians.

Sonny Liston was a collector for the mob, Jake LaMotta was brutal on everyone including women, Roberto Duran was a wrecking machine outside the ring who knocked out a horse.

One of my favorite videos making the rounds now shows one such incident clearly… size is a facade, and unless you’re putting on muscle around your chin, your size is not going to help you much.

http://www.break.com/video/retired-boxers-end-street-fights-quickly-2442704

As an FYI, the old guy in that video was 54-year-old Rocky Lockridge, who finished his pro boxing career with a 44-9 record.

One shot, one kill. Lights out.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Y’all do realize that this is another made up story fron Clip, right? First he was untrained, then he had 6 black belts, next he’ll be some random black dude that eats once a day but benches 350 at 170lbs while drinking Colt 45’s. These events never happened. [/quote]

LOL.

Damn. Nice job Whiteflash.

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

I’d rather people see my size and think twice about trying to start a fight…or having enough size to where its hardER for them to hurt me. (assuming worst case scenario).[/quote]
If the person knows how to fight or just doesn’t care, he won’t think twice. Plenty of people have gotten bigger muscles thinking it will mean something more than having bigger muscles only to find out that weights don’t build heart. The skinny dude with cauliflower ears and a messed up nose who is smaller than I would make me think twice more than a muscular dude who was bigger.

being big can also get you attention from someone looking to fight.

Derek where did you get that video? Freaking hilarious!

Yeah, it can happen.

Watch when a young punk steps up to 55 y/o Rocky Lockridge, former pro/champ.

It usually turns out like this:

I think that was the same right hand he knocked out Roger Mayweather with!

Best feeling ever^

Overconfidence and under-estimation.

Lowered Response Time.

Cheap Shots.

Dirty Tactics.

Made up.

All options.