Yoke/Farmer medley Event 2 - Magnus Ver Magnusson Strongman Classic - YouTube
Day 2
Log Ladder Event 3 - Magnus Ver Magnusson Strongman Classic - YouTube
Stones to Sholder Event 4 - Magnus Ver Magnusson Strongman Classic - YouTube
Day 3
Deadlift Event 5 - Magnus Ver Magnusson Strongman Classic - YouTube
Husafell Stone Event 6 - Magnus Ver Magnusson Strongman Classic - YouTube

4 Likes

Had to look up GG Grippers. When coming to this log, I open Google preemtively. I know I am going to need it.

Planksā€¦bleh. I still prefer ā€œlumpingā€. LUMPING Like Planking Only... Lumpier - )

2 Likes

@LittleStrick that is hilarious

Iā€™m such a poser strongman fan lol.

I only avidly follow the events where all the ā€œbestā€ guys are competing (i.e. including Licis, plus TS and Novikov). So in other words the Rogue Invitational was the only event I followed super closely in the past couple of years LOL.

Impressive that Magnusā€™ stature is such that Rogue is streaming what is, honestly, a ā€œminorā€ strongman show relatively speaking.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting, didnt even know bout that.

I met Magnus, Svend Karlsson and Magnus Samuelsson a few years back, i worked in the grounds of the Belfast city hall where the UKs strongest man was partially being held. I worked on the Belfast eye (big wheel), all the guys when on it, several had to get off cause they didnt like heights lol. Batista the wrestler was another celeb i met, crap paid job but it had its perks.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it will stay minor. Itā€™s a brutal contest so far. And the third-place finisher of the 2021 WSM is competing in it, Max Boudreault along with Aethor Ingolfsson-Melstead.

2021-11-19

Mesocycle 1 Microcycle 1 Day 1

Push Press
185 3x4
That didnā€™t go well. Rep Calculator told me I could do 6ā€™s. Stupid rep calculator. Guess Iā€™ll have to work up to it. Abs are important for this one. Gotta seriously work 'em.

Pendlay Row
235x6
225 2x6

Cybex Lever Squat
270 3x10
Might still be too light. Very advantageous force curve.

Skull Crushers
90 3x10

4 Likes

The Arnolds CA where Shaw, Boudreault and Licis all had to win the contest to qualify for the Arnold Classic was one of the best contests Iā€™ve ever seen.

(if you havenā€™t seen it, itā€™s a must watch!)

2 Likes

Met Batista once when he came to Olongapo in the Philippines. Being Greek/Filipino heā€™s very popular over there.

1 Like

I finished two sets of Cybex Machine squats and 3 sets of skull crushers while this guy was on his phone.
Why does he come to the gym? You can do that shit at home.

3 Likes

2021-11-20
Conditioning Day

DB Curls
40ā€™s 3x10

Planks
2x1min

Burpee to Box Jump + Farmers walk
4 x (4 + 90ft@250)

Farmerā€™s walk
2x 90ft@300

Squat Clean Practice
worked up to 185x2

Calf Raises
150 4x8
90x8
This machine has a weird lever arm, or at least, one Iā€™m unused to. Cuts my reps in half compared to the one I use at the other gym.

3 Likes

Youā€™re way more patient and polite than I or most at Cousin Mikeā€™s gym are.

2021-11-21
Mesocycle 1 Microcycle 1 Day 2

Multigrip Bar OHP
118 3x10

15" Paused Box Squat
275 3x6

MAG Wide Grip Pulldown
200 3x10

Cable pushdowns
70 3x10

Not into it today. Not fully recovered. Need to get into conditioning a little more slowly, I think.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thatā€™s the one! Amazing show from start to finish.

Totally random thought -I think Shaw was (secretly?) pissed that Arnold didnā€™t intervene to give him a special invite to the Classic. In my gossipy opinion, Shaw wouldā€™ve never done the ā€œIā€™m done with Arnoldā€ video otherwise, over politics of all things.

1 Like

Shaw is a man of principle.
Also, I think he now has competing business interests

2 Likes

Some of the athletes would benefit by hanging out with some Highland competitors on the weight over bar. There is a way to get your legs into it.

1 Like

2021-11-22

EZ Bar Reverse Curls
90 3x10

One Legged Calf Raises
BW 2x20

3 Likes

2021-11-23

Mesocycle 1 Microcycle 1 Day 3
Incline BP + BPA (Monster Mini)
115x6+20
135x6+20
155x5+20
170x4+20
185 2x6+2x20
185x6

Front Squat
205 10x3
Triples were pretty fast. My low back was feeling tweaky, so I didnā€™t go higher. I donā€™t like these. They are uncomfortable and I suck at them. So Iā€™ll keep doing them. Iā€™ll stick with triples and reduce sets as I raise weight.

Machine Chest Supported Row
255x6
270 3x6

Close Grip BP
165 2x10, 8

ā€œYou donā€™t need a lot of exercises if you work the hell out of the ones you got.ā€

5 Likes