Untested Federations Should be 21+

I think part of it is Anglo-American culture and its attitude toward drinking, which in general is not healthy. People on the Continent seem to manage this much better, at least in Western Europe. My understanding is that binge drinking really isn’t a thing in France, Italy, Greece, or Spain, where British tourists go on vacation, get falling down drunk, and generally make themselves unwelcome.

Obviously I got off topic on the drinking issue. No, I don’t think teens should touch steroids. As some have said, being a male teenager is like being on steroids naturally. There’s no point in hitting the needle during the time of life when you’re blessed with boatloads of natural T coursing through your body.

1 Like

The problem is that everyone knows that a lot of athletes, bodybuilders, celebrities, and random big guys here and there are taking steroids so some skinny kids who want to get bigger see that as the obvious solution to their condition, not realizing the potential side effects and the fact that at their age it can fuck them permanently. I used to know a guy who managed a supplement store, he was telling me how on a regular basis some teenage kids would come in and straight up ask for dbol, growth hormone, whatever, it was ridiculous. Not only they have no idea what they are getting into but they don’t even realize that you cant just walk into a store and buy it.

1 Like

This is such a silly thing: people need to quit saying it.

5 Likes

I should have clarified, cigarettes should be banned :smiley: Weed there are several reasons to use. The only reason for cigarettes is addiction.

I actually dont think cigarettes should be banned I think making them addictive should be banned.

It is and isnt. I see it as a white lie with the intentions of keeping kids off steroids.

1 Like

It will only deceive dumb kids, who are, in turn, dumb enough to also just do steroids anyway. It’s just silly.

2 Likes

Cigarettes aren’t very popular anymore around here, sure there are still some smokers but way less than 10-20 years ago. Hardly seems like it would be worth it to make it illegal, and there are already plenty of contraband cigarettes since the normal price is something ridiculous. I don’t think you can buy a pack for under $10.

All feds should be untested.

Deadlift pull height should be adjustable for tall lifters.

There should be no raw, wraps, gear divisions just people lifting.

The only way to set a record is in open ergo there’s now only open.

Elbow sleeves can be worn during bench.

Those rubber bench shirt things should be set on fire.

2 Likes

What about average height lifters with short arms and long torsos?

1 Like

We’re just screwed.

Well, I am not convinced the tall lifters need much help. All of the heaviest deadlifts (say top 3) are done by people over average height.

I think we have a bench advantage. I think it ends up being close to even if we look at push / pull total. Then those long arm, short torso jokers come in and try to discredit the bench as a test of strength because they suck at it, and of course the lift they are good at is the true test. Well guess what, almost nobody outside of strongman / powerlifting thinks your deadlift is as impressive as my bench.

Fair enough - height adjustable deadlifts for short limbed people, lol

Then the long armed lifters should demand a board press or something for bench.

They just need a bigger arch and a wider grip.

1 Like

Just make the dead a high handle trap bar and call it good. Gets rid of sumo too.

2 Likes

Sadly my city is going backwards. I shit you not they had a cigarette ban and the new administration won based on the promise to reverse the ban. They also went on to ban salt from restaurant tables. Sugar is fine. They also burn garbage.

Totally agree with this. RAW FOR LIFE LOL

This is in Mexico or what?
The only one of those things that really should be banned is burning garbage.

I miss that houses no longer have incinerators in the yard.

1 Like

I was under the impression that endogenous testosterone production peaks at about 17 or 18. That’s the sense in which people use the phrase. Of course, there are other reasons (frame size, years of lifting experience) why teenagers tend not to look like older athletes who are on gear notwithstanding such high levels of endogenous t production. In any event, the point is largely academic, as everyone seems to agree that the teen years are definitely not the years to start dosing.

Right, and it’s silly, because that’s nothing like what it’s like when people run cycles.

2 Likes