T Nation

Unsure, Feedback Wanted

I don’t know if this is where I post this at but if its not I am sorry :.

But I am 17 years of age and I have been working out for only 7 months, just want some feedback :].

P.S I have not worked my back out in about 5 months, and this picture was taken yesterday.

[quote]CurlforEternity wrote:
I … just want some feedback.

P.S I have not worked my back out in about 5 months, and this picture was taken yesterday.[/quote]

Not sure what feedback you are looking for, but here’s some:

1. Realize that working out–if it’s to be meaningful–is a long-term project. With that in mind, consider this picture your “before” picture, tuck it away somewhere, and then take a comparison shot in a year’s time. You have a decent start already; don’t lose any momentum.

2. You will do yourself a world of good if you check the “articles” link to the left and start reading about lifting and nutrition.

3. At your age, your capacity for growth through proper eating and proper lifting is astounding. Capitalize on that with knowledge from this site.

4. Don’t “not work your back for 5 months” and then present your back as evidence of working out.

What kind of feedback are you looking for? We need more information from you if you want some help - stats, goals, diet & training info would be a good start.

You are skinny, but you have a good base to start building onto. If you just want to know where to go from here - then bulk. Start a food log, pick a program from this site, and get enough rest.

You are young, your staple supplements should be fish oils and food. At your age you really need no more than that.

Any reason why you haven’t trained your back in 5 months?

Whoops, sorry I didnt list what feedback, Just asking pretty much if my back is in good shape or if there is anything I need to work on?

You need to work on everything. Eat more food. Your body needs to have a surplus of calories to grow despite how hard your muslces are working. So unless you can balance your calories perfect for growth, which I don’t know anybody who can, you just need to eat big and lift big and results will follow.

Your back is nothing to show off or even ask for advice about. It looks to me like it’s never been worked out. The whole 5 month without working it might be the problem there. Do some rows and shrugs and other things for half a year and put some meat on that thing.

Yo bro, no need to criticize me, i was just askign for some advice, jesus.

Yo bro, no need to criticize me, i was just askign for some advice, jesus.[/quote]

Thing is, he’s right. You don’t have a lot of muscle at all - this is a bodybuilding site and if you don’t post some goals and stats then we can’t help you and you’ll get flamed.

You’re asking if your back is “in good shape” or anything you need to work on when you have almost no muscle - you need to work on everything. If you wont help us help you, then what the hell are you doing here?

As if on cue…

Yo bro, no need to criticize me, i was just askign for some advice, jesus.[/quote]

He’s not criticizing you, but offering spot-on advice for you. You asked if you needed to work on anything and you got your answer. You said that you’ve been lifting less than a year, and you look like you’ve been lifting less than a year, simple as that. If you don’t want to hear that, then I guess you must feel like your back does not need work, so why ask for feedback?

Learn to take criticism, alot of the time criticism is the best advice there is.

Pick out a good program, where you hit every major muscle group at least once a week. This can be either a full body or a body part split, whichever you prefer. It seems you want some praise on your back even though you haven’t worked it in 5 months, not a good idea, work your back tomorrow. And get a lot of food in you, that is crucial.

You want us to praise you for not working your back for 5 months?

What is it you’re unsure about? Whether you should continue not working your back, because it’s already so HYUUUUGE?

What are your goals? What is it that you want feedback on? Seriously.

well don’t expect to be held by the hand here, if you had noticed anything about the forums it is that guys who have just started working out always post “what do i need to do” when they are clearly far from having anything to show for it. Your lucky that TC’s article scared off a lot of this behavior(it seems) otherwise you would have gotten flamed intensely. Oh and your skinny.

My honest two cents: You have a good base, and off to a good start, however, you shouldn’t neglect ANY portion of your body. You are only holding further progress back if you do not focus on your entire physique. Your chest and shoulders will not grow like you’d like them to if you don’t work your back. Building and strengthening your back will allow you to build better legs and wider shoulders and chest. You’ll also notice that the bigger and stronger your back gets, the bigger and stronger your arms will be. You’ll also be able to squat more simply because you can handle a heavier load on a stronger back.

Take home point: work your entire body. You will happier for it.

Trucker Hats are Soooooo 2004

I wonder if TC sees threads like this.

If he does, does he think we should applaud this guy’s “effort” in the gym?

Does he think the responses were too harsh?

Should we have thrown a small party for his “progress”?

You havent worked your back in 5 months, so youre posting a picture of it for feedback?

Shouldnt you be able to figure that one out on your own?

Heres feedback: work your back.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

LMFAO

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I wonder if TC sees threads like this.

If he does, does he think we should applaud this guy’s “effort” in the gym?

Does he think the responses were too harsh?

[/quote]

Since I’ve been keeping up with audio interview and the Atomic Dog article, I immediately wondered what TC would think of the responses in a thread like this also.

My biggest concern is the sense of entitlement some of these guys have because they’ve been in the “game” for any given amount of time. No one wants to start at the bottom, and this attitude is a severe indication of the results they can come to expect. I think the constructive criticism offered to the OP reflects that.

When I think of the greater accomplishments in my life, I think back to the realizations that I started from nothing and had to create opportunities to get into positions where I could evolve. I was a no one when I started playing lacrosse in college. I was a no one when I started my profession. I was a no one when I started lifting seriously, etc.

To the OP: Here’s all the advice I can give you. Realize you’re at the bottom and the advice given is all useful. Soak it up. Not everyone will take time out of their day to lay it out for you in life. Major in all the basics first and you will have set a foundation in stone.

As far as basics in lifting? Are your actions matching your goals? This is a calorie game and the quicker you learn that, the quicker you’ll make gains. Consume more than you expend, and you’ll grow. Yes, proteins, carbs, and fats are important, but overall calories are what you’re looking for right now.

In addition, acquire the intensity needed to grow. The first words out of every new poster in your condition is always how many years they’ve lifted. Well, those years don’t mean much if you don’t have anything to show for it. Watch the guys in your gym that you look up to. You’ll find that these guys have “something” the mediocre guys don’t and its hard to explain. That “something,” that intensity, is what separates the men from the boys in this game. Good luck and soldier-up, it gets harder from here…

This person will become a valuable member of the weightlifting community. Do not scare him off. Be nice. Coddle him. Gently tell him not to curl in the squat rack.

The OP, my friends, is the future of bodybuilding.

Whoops, sorry I didnt list what feedback, Just asking pretty much if my back is in good shape or if there is anything I need to work on?[/quote]

Unless you live in Moline, IL, stop wearing John Deere hats. Such “ironic” hats are stupid.

Oh, and start lifting. You look like you weigh 135 lbs. Though it seems you’re okay with that, since you haven’t lifted in 5 months.