T Nation

Unstable Sternum-Collarbone Joint

Really Need Advice

So I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 right but I can't the bench press and shoulder press because of an atraumatic injury which I can't do anything about (not relavent)

I've substituted 5x5 push ups (I don't understand the biomechanics involved, for some reason I can do push ups fine) and I'll just do weighted push ups, is that okay? It's a temporary solution but I'll worry about that at a later date.

What do I do about shoulder press though? I can't do any overhead pushing movement, I can do any kind of pulling shoulder exercise like shrugs, rear delt row and upright row (isn't this dangerous though?)

Don't continue reading unless you're curious as to what I have

If you're curious as to what I have, it's 'spontaneous atraumatic anterior subluxation of the sternoclavicular joint', or simply, my sternum-collarbone joint is unstable and has ligamentous laxity(looseness). It's painless but if I do say bench press it'll really stress the joint. I've concluded after reading studies, articles and taking notes- the only kind of therapy I can get now is prolotherapy (injections to regrow the ligament) but I'm not going to spend the money on it as it's only limiting the exercises I can do in the gym... NO OTHER aspect of my life (Don't play sport)

www.theforgottenjoint.com info n shit here