Unstable Or Output for Hypertrophy?

Take the Dip for instance. Doing Dips in rings I can only use maybe 75%-80% of the load I can use doing them on stable parallell bars. To achieve the same number of reps.
This applies to dumbells vs barbells for a lot of press exercises aswell.

Aside from improving my skills in the rings can I expect to get bigger this way despite less work done at the same level of effort.

I suppose doing both will be the best in the end.

What are your opinions in this matter?

I’d guess the instability would improve stabilizer strength, enabling you to go heavier and/or grow in response the static dips, over time.

Apparently the same can hold true with something like dumbell vs barbell benching… however, it’s early in the morning (for me today) so I might be out to lunch.

I performed a few sets of unstable dips, to try them out. Although I didnt use rings, I used two barbells suspended by chains over the powerrack. Wich I prefered since I cheated by leaning into the chains when I first used the one-hand handles from the cables machine. Using barbells the chains werent close enough to be any help.

I found it difficult, as expected. But I liked it.
I especially liked how I could adjust the width of my grip to balance the load between my pecs and front delts all the way through the lift. It was nowhere near smooth this time. But I imagine after a few weeks of practice it will be.
I found that I could perform just shy of half the number of dips at BW.

For now I will start intermixing them with regular dips and see what happens.

There should be a bunch of people on the forum that use or used rings in their training. What results have you gotten from it?

Okay, nothing too scientific here… You should definitely be working some stability into your training. Luckily, most compound exercises already work stability. And dumbbells will, in most cases, add more.

Dips on rings sound primo. I wouldn’t generally (for people not in rehab) recommend doing low weights on balance boards, etc… I think there is a crossover point where it’s just not useful for size/strength gains. Dips on rings, however, seems like a very excellent exercise. Pullups on rings would likely also be very good.

Like above have stated they will seem to nail the stabilizers more causing hypertrophy in them , then use the more traditional for focused hypertropyh. Best of both worlds. Mix iut up keep it fresh they are bound to both help one another as far as size and perfromance one would think

Doing the same movement with your arms either with one barbell in both your hands or one dumbell in each hand you will be able to lift more weight using the barbell. And the difference being the piece of metal that connects your hands and stops them from moving closer or further from each other, the barbell in other words.
If the muscles that would move the hands away from each other were completly balanced with the muscles that moved the hands closer together there would be no benefit of the barbell. There would be no tear of the barbell and no compressing of the barbell. And it would be as if you were lifting to dumbells holding your hands at an exact distance from each other.
Obviously this isnt the case in most movement patterns, and in a benchpressing situation most people lift significantly more when using a barbell.

Anyway to me this means that using barbells or machines to remove degrees of freedom when pusing or pulling weight can increase power output by either increasing the tension in a agonist stabilizer or decreasing tension in a antagonist stabilizer.

This makes me believe that the more degrees of freedom an exercise has the more balanced in strength will your stabilizers have to be to deliver optimal performance in a lift. That means training that require a lot of balance will train stabilizer to be balanced.
Hopefully a secondary effect of this balance of stabilizer strength will be that you can train more effectivly and gain more muscle.

Is there something I am overlooking coming to this conclusion, what would that be?