Unseen Classics

So are there any movies out there that everyone and their mother has seen, but you for some unknown reason have yet to see? The type of movie where you admit to not having seen it yet, and you get appalled stairs from everyone in the room, “you haven’t seen that yet?!”

Anway, I got to thinking about putting together a list of the classics I need to see after sitting down to “The Godfather” for the first time this weekend. My father was never a mobster films kind of guy, and found it particularly unsuitable for children, since there’s such an overarching casual attitude towards murder. Makes sense. Probably better that I saw it as an adult anyway when I could appreciate it for the cinematic masterpiece that it is. Here’s the classics on my list:

1. Back to the Future
  2. Godfather Part II (first one really peaked my interest now)
  3. The French Connection
  4. Nosferatu
  5. Pulp Fiction
  6. Citizen Kane

How about you?

Earnest Scared Stupid

KO’s Fav~

I skipped these because I heard they had all the same basic story line:

The Godfather movies
Ghost
Sleepless in Seattle
Scarface
White Christmas
Miracle on 34th St.
Jackass
The Hangover
Caddyshack

The Godfather movies as well… Also Rocky.

(nah jk, whohavn’t seen Rocky?!)

[quote]kothreat wrote:
Earnest Scared Stupid[/quote]

Greatest movie EVER

The original “Day of the Jackal”

“The Warriors” was overlooked for a while, until the game came out and rekindled some interest in it.

Great movie! Picture all the crappy, pixelated henchmen from your various 80’s side-scrolling fighting games and imagine them doing battle with each other. Leather vests, feathered mullets…the works!

this American classic is unseen by most in my generation and prob all of this latest generation

[quote]chillain wrote:
this American classic is unseen by most in my generation and prob all of this latest generation
[/quote]

EXCELLENT movie. Those who haven’t seen it yet are underprivileged.

Casablanca
American Psycho

Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
Casablanca
American Psycho
[/quote]

I’ve seen neither of those plus The Sound Of Music.

I also haven’t seen Borat yet, but I know all the funny references lol.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?[/quote]

Would recommend. Would see again.

An American Werewolf in London

Groundhog Day (There are a surprising amount of people I’ve met who haven’t seen this.)

[quote]Otep wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Would recommend. Would see again.[/quote]

Rubbing alcohol for you Martha?

[quote]SSC wrote:
An American Werewolf in London

Groundhog Day (There are a surprising amount of people I’ve met who haven’t seen this.)[/quote]

Both of those are surprising because I’ve seen them both dozens of times :smiley:

American History X(finally seeing this tonight)
God father 2&3
Back to the future 2
Taxi driver
Ronnie
Jurrasic park
Minority report

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
This.
Fucking hilarious.
My wife has so many traits in common with Martha that it is scary.

I can remember watching this movie with my sister-in-law. The scene where Martha throws open the fridge door and gets a chicken leg out, polishes it off, and then throw the bone back into the fridge had us rolling around in hysterics. It’s my wife down to a tee.

WHADDYA WANT?

Singin’ in the Rain. Man i saw that in my film class and was in awestruck at how funny it was, it was my first time ever watched a movie that was made past 1990’s.