Unreal Urban Gymnast

This is truly unreal. I would never imagine some of the things these guys do can actually be accomplished outside of the movie set: i-am-bored.com

That is some of the most amazing shit that I have ever seen. Incredible athletic ability.

I want to know what is going through these kids heads when they do this for the first time. Did they just wake up one morning and say “I want to jump off a building today?”

It is really cool to watch though.

man that kid can probably outmanuever the cops like nothing

The guy in the video I posted is actually in his 30’s, his name is David Belle and he is the co-founder of parkour.

In regards to outmanuevering people, check out this clip from the film “District 13”

Kind of off topic as far as le parkour, but I thought this would be interesting to add to the mix:

http://www.wushucentral.com/videos/zerogravity/lateef_demovideo_2_03.mpeg

I think instead of a lot of the CGI, they could hire some of these guys to do masked super hero stunts… I know they do but I think they can get away with more realistic stuff than just using CGI all the time. It would make for a craaazy Ong Bak type film.

I think that would have been a better idea for characters like DareDevil. DD had an apparent contrast between ben affleck in a really stiff suit being hung by wires and the really obvious CGI.

Would have worked better in Elektra as well, but I have no complaints Jennifer Garner is hot :-p. (Except that Elektra Nachios is latina, so maybe it should have been someone else)

There aren’t any really good movies coming out for acrobatic type characters though.

IMDb- Avi Arad:

SORRY TO THREAD HIJACK!

[quote]JH wrote:
The guy in the video I posted is actually in his 30’s, his name is David Belle and he is the co-founder of parkour.

In regards to outmanuevering people, check out this clip from the film “District 13”

Holy crap that was awsome.

these guys are so athletic, does anyone know how to train for that type of athletisism?

It would be funny if the cops were chasing them and they just flew up the side of a building…

Anyway, yeah, those kids are insane.

[quote]Jmiller558 wrote:
these guys are so athletic, does anyone know how to train for that type of athletisism?[/quote]

Ask here - http://parkour.net/

A fair number of these guys train in wushu (contemporary chinese martial arts) as well as parkour.

See http://www.w1f.net/download.php?id=12 for an example of wushu athletes. I’ve been training this for the past four years, and while I don’t think I have anywhere near the skill of some of these guys, wushu conditioning is a good place to start.

Occasionally, they do tap these folks for movie roles. Former US wushu team member Tri Nguyen stunt doubled for Toby in Spiderman 2. You can see him busting a butterfly twist (xuan zi xuan ti) out the window of the bank during the robbery scene. Also, British wushu practitioner Ray Park played Darth Maul and Toad in the first X-Men movie, among a few other roles.

Amazing. I got such a queasy feeling when he was hopping from building to building.

What blows my mind are the falls he’s taking. He’s jumping from 10-15 feet and landing on his feet! i think i broke my tarsals just watching that

Yeah me and my friends thought it would be a good idea to try some of this shit… 15 stiches later I decided it probably wasn’t.

In all fairness I pulled off the move, I just didn’t see the wet spot on the ground…

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

[/quote]

Nice video, Xen.

I was about to suggest to go to the Zero Gravity site, because they have a bunch of free clips for download, and then, I see that this guy is from Zero Gravity. Must be a new member on their team.

So do you have any more cool videos?

[quote]postcrime wrote:
What blows my mind are the falls he’s taking. He’s jumping from 10-15 feet and landing on his feet! i think i broke my tarsals just watching that [/quote]

It’s fuckin amazing how he can direct all that force away from his body, the kid obviously knows how to fall without hurting himself.

Elektra is Greek.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
This is truly unreal. I would never imagine some of the things these guys do can actually be accomplished outside of the movie set: i-am-bored.com

holy crap!!is this guy actually human?damn,he could complete in the redbull downhill without a friggin mountain bike!!

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
Kind of off topic as far as le parkour, but I thought this would be interesting to add to the mix:

are you sure thats not capoeara instead of wushu they are studying?maybe amixture of both
I think instead of a lot of the CGI, they could hire some of these guys to do masked super hero stunts… I know they do but I think they can get away with more realistic stuff than just using CGI all the time. It would make for a craaazy Ong Bak type film.

I think that would have been a better idea for characters like DareDevil. DD had an apparent contrast between ben affleck in a really stiff suit being hung by wires and the really obvious CGI.

Would have worked better in Elektra as well, but I have no complaints Jennifer Garner is hot :-p. (Except that Elektra Nachios is latina, so maybe it should have been someone else)

There aren’t any really good movies coming out for acrobatic type characters though.

IMDb- Avi Arad:

SORRY TO THREAD HIJACK![/quote]