Unnecessary Quoting!

I have been seeing this a lot lately.

Someone writes a fairly long post, lets say, 40 lines. The first person to reply quotes the entire original post and then reply’s with 2 lines.

I can understand why people might do this when a post is on its 2nd or 30th page, but certainly not on the first reply.

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:

Someone writes a fairly long post, lets say, 40 lines. The first person to reply quotes the entire original post and then reply’s with 2 lines.

I can understand why people might do this when a post is on its 2nd or 30th page, but certainly not on the first reply.[/quote]

Good points.

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:

I can understand why people might do this when a post is on its 2nd or 30th page, but certainly not on the first reply.[/quote]

What he said.

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:

Does it really bother you that much?

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:

I can understand why people might do this when a post is on its 2nd or 30th page, but certainly not on the first reply.

[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:

Like this

How did I know this would happen?

No, I’m not losing sleep over it, just thought I would bring it up.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

What he said.[/quote]

What Prof. X said.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

What do you mean?[/quote]

Could you be a little clearer? (JK) I am guilty and will work to amend this action.

APDuncan27 wrote:

What he said.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s really annoying.

Even some of the mods have edited posts and changed the full quote to something like:

“On what Professor X said…”

But yeah! What’s the reason for replying to the whole damn message? At least pick out the important parts to quote and respond to them. I hate long posts!

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:

Interesting theory, tell us more…

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

Like this[/quote]

I think thats what he may be talking about. I’m not sure though. Tell me what you think!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

What do you mean?[/quote]

:slight_smile:

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Professor X wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

What he said.

Yeah, it’s really annoying.

Even some of the mods have edited posts and changed the full quote to something like:

“On what Professor X said…”

But yeah! What’s the reason for replying to the whole damn message? At least pick out the important parts to quote and respond to them. I hate long posts![/quote]

I agree.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

What do you mean?

Could you be a little clearer? (JK) I am guilty and will work to amend this action. [/quote]

Well I think he gets mad at someone quoting the first post a few pages down. Well we’re still on the first page here so this is probably ok.

[quote]vroom wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

Interesting theory, tell us more…[/quote]

I’m anxiously awaiting the theory myself.

TSB

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
APDuncan27 wrote:

What he said.

What Prof. X said.[/quote]

What michael2507 said.

[quote]APDuncan27 wrote:
[/quote]

What is it boy? Trouble at the old mill?

Is there a threshold?

This is an issue.

APDuncan27 wrote:

What he said.[/quote]

Ditto.