T Nation

Unmotivated Without Carbolin 19

I used Carbolin 19 for the last two months , until it started to keep me up even on low doses taken in the am. I found it had a great impact on my appetite and actually helped my digestion a bit, but losing sleep felt counter productive. I found my self very unmotivated after not being on it for the last 20 days. I also noticed that while taking it my chest seemed tender and sense being on it has hardened up a bit. I think it elevevates estrogen in me so thats a negative. But my strength has dropped a bit not being on it which is frusturating.

Maybe you just need a rest or de-loading week.

I think some people are too quick to attribute every little change, good or bad, to a supplement.

I’ve used Carbolin 19 and never noticed anything to indicate that it increased my estrogen level. On the contrary, I have always gotten harder and more vascular over the long term while using it.

Sounds like placebo effect. You should probably just deload a week like mentioned.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Maybe you just need a rest or de-loading week.

I think some people are too quick to attribute every little change, good or bad, to a supplement.
[/quote]

agreed

[quote]MISCONCEPTION wrote:
I think it elevevates estrogen in me so thats a negative.[/quote]

How in the world would you know that? Unless tested by a doctor you have no way of making such a conclusion.

I’m pretty sure Forskolin does not increase estrogen, in fact, it is supposed to boost test a little bit. REZ-V could help you

Maybe there is something else that is playing with your hormones (if your not being a big girl that is).

As for sleeping? Shit anything from the stress weights put on your cns, to the food you eat, neurotransmitters to lifestyle.

Jumping to conclusions is bad.

Take Carbolin 19 out of your routine for a month or two. Then get back on. If symptoms dissapear and then return you know its the sup. Otherwise, your just a big girl.

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Take Carbolin 19 out of your routine for a month or two. Then get back on. If symptoms disappear and then return you know its the sup. Otherwise, your just a big girl.[/quote]

Just make sure it isn’t all between your ears. You might see an effect just because you want to see one.

[quote]Joris wrote:
Beatnik wrote:
Take Carbolin 19 out of your routine for a month or two. Then get back on. If symptoms disappear and then return you know its the sup. Otherwise, your just a big girl.

Just make sure it isn’t all between your ears. You might see an effect just because you want to see one.[/quote]

I realize that you weren’t responding to me, but I’ve used Carbolin 19, and plenty of other supplements, enough to know that what it does for me isn’t the result of a placebo effect.

Um, “its not the placebo effect” is usually what everyone experiencing the placebo effect actually believes. Its kind of the definition.

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Um, “its not the placebo effect” is usually what everyone experiencing the placebo effect actually believes. Its kind of the definition.[/quote]

It’s also what people usually believe when they take a product that’s efficacious.

Most people have not motivation to go to the gym once they go off Carbolin 19?..It doubt it boosts test THAT much. Maybe you unmotivated because you don’t think its worth your time w/out Carbolin 19, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Most people have not motivation to go to the gym once they go off Carbolin 19?..It doubt it boosts test THAT much. Maybe you unmotivated because you don’t think its worth your time w/out Carbolin 19, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t.[/quote]

That’s what I’m thinking. Sometimes people get so attached to a supplement, and this may be a case of that. It’s not like all progress will halt without it.

Might be a bit of an over-active imagination.

What I noticed was increased appetite, which is probably expected. With more food in me, no wonder I made faster progress.

Also, apparently for some people Carbolin 19 is a bit of a stimulant, and that’s apparently true for me too - I had a little bit of trouble to settle down if I took it too late in the evening.

Finally, when I was emotionally down, I noticed it had a tendency to drag me a little bit lower still - similar to ginseng, which is a stimulant except when you’re on an emotional low (depressed, etc.) in which case it may make it worse in some cases (known effect documented in the medical literature). But, who knows, in this case it might be my_imagination doing overtime.