T Nation

Unleash the Beast

Height: 5’10
Weight: 230-235
Bench: 325
Squat: 365
Deadlift: 455
OHP/Push press: 225

I’m starting a new log as i’m attempting something new for this year.

I was jotting down my macro breakdown in my notebook and found an entry from Jan 28th 2011

SQUATS: 253lb x 1 PR.

FWI i ended the year with a 365lb squat x 3. Goes to show what can be done in a year. This was without much weight gain and most of the year i was failing at dieting.

Anyway enough with the old onto the new.

I got what i could from the lean gains website and have thrown a plan together at what i think i can do. Feel free to input any advice to help me out. This is my plan.

I will be fasted between 10pm and 2pm. 16/8 fasted/fed.

I will train between 3pm-5pm and i will aim to take my pre workout meal around 2 hours before i train. I will supplement with BCAAs throughout the day while i am fasted.

TRAINING DAYS:

Cals = BW x11 = approx 2520 cals.

PROTEIN: 250G 1000 CALS
FAT: 80G 720 CALS
CARBS: 200G 800 CALS

NON-TRAINING DAYS

As above - 500 cals.

PROTEIN: 250G
FAT: 65G
CARBS: 100G

I am to train 5 days a week, with a 4 day split. 4 times a week i’ll do fasted morning cardio BCAAs pre and post along with OMEGA 3 tabs.

Day 1: Chest, Tri’s, Calves

Day 2: Back, Bi’s

Day 3: Rest

Day 4: legs, abs

Day 5: Shoulders, traps

Day 6: Rest

Day 7: Repeat day 1.

Like i said any inout would be much appreciated.

Sounds gay bro

Right up your alley

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Sounds gay bro

Right up your alley

[/quote]

Maybe fst 7 my workouts?

FST7 your work outs at all times.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
FST7 your work outs at all times.

[/quote]

But i don’t wana get toooo swolezzz.

I mean i could end up looking like this! Isn’t this your aim?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
FST7 your work outs at all times.

[/quote]

But i don’t wana get toooo swolezzz.

I mean i could end up looking like this! Isn’t this your aim?

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/m/marcmero/16.jpg[/quote]

Lol nah, id be more of a bobby lashley.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
FST7 your work outs at all times.

[/quote]

But i don’t wana get toooo swolezzz.

I mean i could end up looking like this! Isn’t this your aim?

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/m/marcmero/16.jpg[/quote]

Lol nah, id be more of a bobby lashley.[/quote]

Phew…

But on a serious note… what you think about the plan i laid out?

Well, my first thought was about you actually being fasted if you are taking supps during the day. Bccaas and omegas will start a digestive process and break the fast…bcaas are protein and omegas are fat obviously…which is food pretty much. So ingesting them will stop a fast.

I

I don’t like IF myself. You have struggled to drop weight for a while now and being fasted can only slow your metabolism down more.

If I were you, id carb cycle. Cycling Carbs will be easier for you to adhere to knowing you dieting history.

As far as the split goes…looks good.

And how much cardio…what type? How often?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Well, my first thought was about you actually being fasted if you are taking supps during the day. Bccaas and omegas will start a digestive process and break the fast…bcaas are protein and omegas are fat obviously…which is food pretty much. So ingesting them will stop a fast.

I

I don’t like IF myself. You have struggled to drop weight for a while now and being fasted can only slow your metabolism down more.

If I were you, id carb cycle. Cycling Carbs will be easier for you to adhere to knowing you dieting history.

As far as the split goes…looks good.

And how much cardio…what type? How often?[/quote]

I actually carb cycled back in august/september. i dropped 18lbs and kept it up for another 8 weeks without dropping any more weight so i knocked it on the head.

I agree with your digestive process comments but i’m not guna sweat it too much.

The cardio is almost fasted low intensity stationary bike for around 30 minutes a time. With the option to increase the duration as the weight loss drops. Around 3/4 times a week.

Kinda of an experiment really, i’ve tried everything else, my will power kinda sucks as well. However i seem to managed for a good few hours in the morning without eating so thats why IF kinda appealed to me.

Im not looking for a quick fix i, as you said my dieting history sucks balls and i wana stick to this for a few months and see how it goes.

I know i have a good body underneath this fat, i just wana see it!

Ok

Id scrap the steady state cardio for some HIIT.

Or at least 2 HIIT and 2 steady State.

I’ve always seen ss cardio as useless…the same as I’ve always seen sets of 15 useless

If its low intensity how much is it really forcing your body to adapt?

You’ll be better served with intervals. Don’t worry about muscle loss. You aren’t a small dude. Plus you’ll be lifting later in the day and eating…

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Ok

Id scrap the steady state cardio for some HIIT.

Or at least 2 HIIT and 2 steady State.

I’ve always seen ss cardio as useless…the same as I’ve always seen sets of 15 useless

If its low intensity how much is it really forcing your body to adapt?

You’ll be better served with intervals. Don’t worry about muscle loss. You aren’t a small dude. Plus you’ll be lifting later in the day and eating…
[/quote]

Cheers Rock, seems like sounds advice to me. Plus with the intervals its less time as well 20 mins of hard intervals might be a lot more beneficial say 2/3 times a week.

The way i. Set up intervals for clients

3 minutes warm up
30 sec sprint
30 sec jog
30 sec sprint
30 sec jog
30 sec sprint
30 sec jog
30 sex sprint
30 sec jog
3 min cool down

On an eliptical

Add. A sprint and jog every 3rd session

Try that

Get on the eliptical and get the fuck off of it lol don’t sit on that shit for an hour…

Ye good points Rock definitely guna try it out.

So i start the lean gains on sunday, have my plan set out along with my food and macros.

Really looking forward to it. Had a 2 day wedding this weekend and i’m sure as hell not walking around with scales and cups measuring what i eat.

Bring it on!

Ok… all set to start tomorow stock up on the food for the week, macros set and im all ready. Fasting has begun tonight so its all systems go from now. boom.

2nd day of lean gains today and all is good.

Jack3d before my session today, stomach was prety empty so i had mad energy, 3 hours before working out 50g of cashews.

Annihilation of shoulders today, ramped up on seated dumb bell press worked up to 90lbs bells over 4 sets then dropped down to 75lbs for the last set.

Super setted standing lateral raises, seated rear delt flyes and wide incline dumb bell rows. 4 sets of this super set.

5 sets of cable face pulls with a rope, super setted tricep extensions with rope as active rest.

Seated military press from pins (smith machine) only way to do it in my gym.

started at 135 x 12 ( 2 second rest between all reps.)

165 x 8 ( 2 second rest)

225 x 8 ( 5 second rest)

245 x 6 ( 5 second rest)

265 x 4 ( 5 seconds rest)

265 x 3 ( 5 second rest)

Finished off by super setting 40 yrd farmers walks ( 4 sets) with 110lb bell in each hand with deep incline crunches.

Felt good, tired and pumped.

Post workout meal:

1.25 cups of oats.
1 cup skimmed milk
2 scoops of whey in water
3 egg omelet with dash of hot sauce.

2 hours later, 1 cup of basmatti rice mixed with veg and 150g of chicken.


This what a standard training day looks like. Rest days are the same, with the carb sources halved to drop the cals down to 2000 and carbs to around 100g.

Protein sources are interchanged when i get bored, tune lean red meat etc.

But i could pretty much eat chicken everyday and not get bored.

5th day into the my new nutrition experiment and all seems to be going well.

Feel energetic in the gym, no feelings of lethargy due to over eating etc. Bloating has gone down, lifts aren’t dropping.

Its all good. Not really weighed my self but i feel lighter already.

What i have noticed since i’ve started measuring out my food with cups, how much i used to over eat.

When i see 1 cup of rice on my plate, i used to eat 3 or even 4 cups in a sitting as opposed to 1 now.

No wonder i wasn’t losing weight and i’ve been a fat fuck for so long. I was way underestimating how much food i used to eat.

I wish i started measuring and weighing my food a long time ago and i wouldn’t be where i am now!

Felt awesome this week on this plan, fridays are my re-feed day.

Increasing the cals today, more carbs maybe 500g or so keeping protein around the same and same with fat, maybe more fat and protein actually.

Feel like im getting leaner but my weight doesn’t have to seem to have dropped that much,

I feel leaner around my lat/rib area and around my sternum. Sounds strange but that what i think i see.

My body seems to have adjusted to the IF now and i no longer feel hunger in the mornings and waiting until 1/2pm

eat is no big deal now.

Im also enjoying focussing he majority of cals around my workout.

I’m not going to stress over my weight as they say it doesn’t realy matter.

Going off the mirror for now.

Diet is going well still, rest day today so my cals and carbs are lower. Feeling goog!