Unknown Magic Pills

Most everyone here knows about the mainstream supplements like creatine, whey protein, and fat burners which have been proven to be effective.I was wondering if anyone here uses less-known or underrated supplements and have actually found them to be quite effective?

The only time a “magic pill” is effective and unknown is when it’s something new to the market. The moment something good comes out, people jump on it and it’s no longer a secret or little known product. There just aren’t any products that are effective and unkown for more than a short period of time. I remember when supplements like Met Rx, whey protein, and creatine were “unkown magic pills.” Of coarse, the “unkown” part quickly fell away, as millions of people started using them. That being said, it’s been a few years since I last saw an effective new product. Basically, the supplement companies have been putting their version of an existing product out. While the early to mid nineties saw a great deal of innovation, the past few years have been the same old thing over and over again. Also, with the supplement industry’s mass marketing campaignes, nothing seems to stay secret or underground anymore. If a new “magic pill” comes out, I’m sure we’ll all hear about it in full page magazine ads.