Unique TRT Situation

I’m going to try SQ for my next shot (wed) with my current equipment (3cc, 21G, 1.5") and even go in the same spot (love handle), except I’ll just go in a half inch. I’ve been searching the site and elsewhere for people’s primary preferred SQ locations but haven’t found any consensus (yet).

Has anyone done the love handle, and is there any risk of leakage with a shallow injection and a 21G needle?

I use the insulin syringes and inject in the area around the top of my thighs, side of my hip area. Been doing it twice a week for 6 months and never hurt or leaked.

Perusing some of the SQ injection threads around here, it seems people have an issue with lumps, pain, and site sensitivity. Is this more of a problem with SQ, or is that just an inaccurate impression from the particular threads I’ve viewed?

Hmm. I can only tell you my experience. Been doing two T shots per week and hcg E3D without a single issue. My guess is technique caused the problems.

Anastrozole is a drug competitive with T at aromatase reaction sites and anastrozole levels need to match T levels. Best to inject T twice a week and take anastrozole at time of injections.

The data you posted showing TT over time is nice, but FT is really what we are interested in and it would not look as nice.

Your E2 should be closer to 22pg/ml. You can get there by reducing T to 100mg/week or increasing anastrozole to 1.5mg/week. You are very close to the expected 1mg anastrozole per week for every100mg T per week.

SC vs IM. Just see what works for you. If SC, then you will not get muscle damage or hardening.

@KSman,

Thank you.

I have decided 100% to switch to twice weekly but will stick to IM for now. Just to be clear, if I stick to IM, I still take the adex on the same days as injections correct?

What makes me hesitant about SQ is another thread at another site I read (I won’t post the link unless you guys want me to)…a guy there who had been doing IM and had all his previous labs, switched to SQ for all the advantages mentioned here, but his TT levels ended up dropping from 792 to 366ng/dl, and his FT went from 243 to 102ng/dl. Mind you, this was without any ancillaries like HCG or adex.

He admitted that he may be an exception, but a bunch of other curious guys on the thread (about a dozen) also tried switching back and forth between IM and SQ and getting labs in between, and all but one guy had similar experiences…significantly dropped T levels and many with raised E2.

I trust what I’ve heard here at T-Nation, but am having a hard time with the contradictory (albeit anecdotal) examples.

We generally do not see problems with lab numbers for IM vs SC. You cannot let yourself be steered by rare exceptions. In any case, you find what you think works for you and then results for others is meaningless as you are a sample group of one.

SC or IM take anastrozole at time of injections. Taking the next day simply creates a lot of added burden.

Ahh, so maybe half my problem was the adex timing. What I’ll do is switch to twice weekly IM, taking adex on the days of injection and likely a 3rd day as well (for a total of 1.5mg adex). But I’ll stick to the IM for now because I want to see if this new routine fixes my original stated problems. If it does, then I will switch to SQ and see if everything remains stable, and I’ll post results.

As it sits, I have labs scheduled for 5 weeks from now, so it’s perfect for trying this out.

Even that study show a drop from 750 to 400.

Which study is that @verne?

Oh I see…yeah, in that test, day 0 (400) is before the first injection.

The one you posted. Day zero is 400 day 6 750. The remaining two days must drop 750 to 400. Testosteron E has an 8 day half life so that makes sense the the last days crash

Hmm, for some reaon I assumed that was the very first injection for those men, and that day zero (400) was pre-injection.Because of the complexity of the feedback loop system, and the unraveling of the carbon links on the testosterone cypionate, I didn’t see those numbers as unreasonable. However it is curious that they don’t have day 7 and 8.

Then we have graphs like this which completely disagrees with what I posted earlier. In fact it also disagrees that test-cyp half-life is 8 days. According to this, half-life is more like 5 days. So twice a week injections really become clearly advantageous at that point.

Day one is meaningless and a week is 7 days. Really those numbers don’t make a lot of sense

If day zero is a Sunday, then day five would be Friday. So they left off Saturday and back to Sunday. I agree it’s very strange.

A 25g one inch is very easy to draw with. A 22g is just silly. But if you like big holes go for it. Personally I use a 29 gauge half inch. The 30 additional seconds it takes to draw isn’t going to ruin my life. It’s pain free and there will be no scars in my muscle tissue. as I will be using them twice week for the rest of my life that matters

I fully intend to order smaller needles, but I haven’t decided on a gauge or length yet. It will depend on if I end up doing SQ or not. For the time being all I have is a full box of 21G

Even with that my skin seals up and you can’t even tell where I injected 10 minutes later. of course I have no idea what it’s doing to muscle inside.

Sounds like you should just use up what you got. If it doesn’t hurt you there is no real reason to change

Well speaking of needles, is there a consensus on where to buy from online? How about brands to go for and brands to avoid?