First i would like to say thank you for all the amazing quality content you have published. I purchased your SSP protocol and have thoroughly digested all of its contents and had come up with a couple of questions.
- For the shield phase would it be acceptable to sneak in some extra upper back work to balance out some of the internal rotation work? If so what would you be comfortable recommending for someone heavily focused on health and longevity.
- While running the stars and stripes would it be acceptable to replace the leg press with a matt wenning belt squat?
- What exercises would be an acceptable substitute for the leg extension? I train at a powerlifting gym.
- After reading your article on back building, i thought it would be cool to really emphasize back work during the stars and stripes phase, is this an acceptable modification to the program? Any recommendations would be highly appreciated? What would be a good back builder to swap for pec flys?
- Lastly which book of yours do i need to buy to gain more info on your “new big 15 templates” the article was originally published in April 2012 it details a 7 day a week split with three big and three small workouts. I would really love to run something like this after SSP. here is the link to the article if that helps. http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2012/04/new-big-15-templates.html
Sorry for all the questions. I came up with them while running a couple of thibs paid for programs. so i have had many months to think about them lol. Thanks again for all your great writing. you and thibs are bringing tnation back to the forefront of publishing the best strength and conditioning content!!! oh by the way your instagram is a gold mine of sweet new exercises please keep posting.
wishing you and your family well, godbless.