Unique Homebrew Question

I don’t have it. I sent you a couple of links for electric transformers and toaster ovens. Let me find them again, and I’ll resend it.

I sent two more messages. Did you get either of them?

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Bump time.

Okay. So some guys on another board say no heat is necessary. BA and a .20 Whatman are all that is apparently needed. I think this is what you were alluding to, Contrl, right? How do you guys feel about this? It feels too simple to me.[/quote]

It’s simple, yet incredibly effective. That’s really all there is to it if you use the .22um Whatman filter; you can ommit heating it altogether. The drawback, of course, is you can only push about 20ml of fluid through them before they clog up.

I sent you one as well cortes. Wonder if they are going through or not.

What the hell? I’m not getting any messages. Wonder how many others I’ve missed. Are they in your sent messages now?

I’ll ask tech support and get back to you guys. Thanks a ton for your help. Sorry for putting you to so much trouble.

Okay, I sent you an email. Pls let me know if you get it.

Just use the microwave. I like an oven better, but the microwave will work just fine.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Just use the microwave. I like an oven better, but the microwave will work just fine. [/quote]

I was hoping you would add to the discussion, RJ. Would you mind outlining how you would use the microwave, if you were forced to? Thanks.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Whilst not strictly necessary, heat makes the process more ‘concrete’ in that it ensures a proper solution, and not a partial solution with a few remaining crystals partially suspended, due to the viscosity of the oil.

Bushy[/quote]

Well said.

I personally use a “triple redundant” method where I utilize a sterile oil/EO mixture and bring it to adequate heat (on a hotplate stirrer) for 20 minutes, then add the raw material as well as the BA and BB, immediately after I remove it from the heat source. Afterwards, I let it cool to a tolerable warmth and proceed to push the fluid through a .22um Whatman.

While this is a bit more costly, the end result is a compound whose cleanliness can’t be rivaled and, as you mentioned, provides optimal dissemination of the raw material with no “swirl pattern” of sorts.

BUMP>>>!

Argh!

The search function isn’t working right now. Can someone throw up a link to the homebrew thread? Thanks.

No problem, happy to link a thread that should be stickied anyway:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1878910