T Nation

Unions Against Secret Ballots

Unions want to be able to intimidate people into voting unions in, so they’re going to push for legislation to eliminate the requirement for secret ballots for such votes.

Much more here: http://www.reason.com/news/show/126018.html

Just a little preview of the kind of thing we’ll see pushed through if there is a Democratic Congress and a Democrat President (unless somehow the Senate stands up and filibusters, but I wouldn’t hold my breath…).

This stuff pisses me off.

This is not surprising at all. Of course unions are against secret ballots.

How closely affiliated are the democrats to major unions?

The Australian Labor party (currently in power) is predominantly comprised of former trade union officials.

Unions pretty much only support Democrats here in the U.S.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Unions pretty much only support Democrats here in the U.S.[/quote]

At least the fat cat pinky ring wearing heads are, this CWA union member is republican

[quote]
BostonBarrister wrote:
Unions pretty much only support Democrats here in the U.S.

kevinm1 wrote:
At least the fat cat pinky ring wearing heads are, this CWA union member is republican [/quote]

Oh, I specifically said “unions” instead of “union members.” It’s one (of many) of the reasons I am so opposed to unions spending dues on politics…

Won’t be surprised when old buzz H tries to jump on that band wagon for the CAW… no offense to the the union members.

This disgust me. I’ve grown a great disgust for unions. I recognize their purpose, and what they did for the workforce so many years ago, but this shit is getting out of control.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
This disgust me. I’ve grown a great disgust for unions. I recognize their purpose, and what they did for the workforce so many years ago, but this shit is getting out of control.[/quote]

Unions are price cartels- Nothing more, nothing less.

Insofar they are a conspiracy against the public by default.