Uninformed Gymgoers!

“This is a military gym so 16 year old kids check ID’s to make sure you are “allowed” in.”

I also lift at a military gym, and as of late 3 people have caught my attention:

1. dangerous half rep guy who doesnt unload the bar.
  2. I like to jump from 10 feet away to grap the chin up bar guy
    and last but not least "The guy who asks for a spot while curling in the squat rack.

Fuckers… “Have you ever curled in the squat rack?” should be a dischargeable offence in the military…

My unit has our own gym and trainer, so that naturally weeds out the majority of moronic behavior. It’s actually been a few years since I trained somewhere people were doing dumb shit like that, though I have seen some good ones.

Like he guy who loads up the pulldown bar to more than his bodyweight, then proceeds to do some sort of hybrid 1/4 pulldown/ab crunch movement.

This is a crazy world we live in…It takes all kinds.

[quote]Will42 wrote:

1. dangerous half rep guy [/quote]

every once in a while, the most random words force me to laugh my ass off. above is an example. sounds like some crazy SNL character. would have been played by Phil Hartman had that pathetic mother f*cker not shot himself in the head.

(note: i’m against gym uniforms too!)

Bastard

Phil Hartman was killed by his wife.

[quote]Bastard Guy wrote:
Will42 wrote:

1. dangerous half rep guy

every once in a while, the most random words force me to laugh my ass off. above is an example. sounds like some crazy SNL character. would have been played by Phil Hartman had that pathetic mother f*cker not shot himself in the head.

(note: i’m against gym uniforms too!)

Bastard[/quote]

He was shot in his sleep by his coked out wife.

[quote]apayne wrote:
Phil Hartman was killed by his wife.[/quote]

That’s just what they want you to believe, man.

[quote]Gianacakos wrote:
I FUCKING HATE UNIFORMED LIFTERS.[/quote]

I like Uniforms. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, hopefully he learnt his lesson and we are glad that you are ok. Btw, did the management throw him out?

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:
To this day I want to bitch slap that idiot. Has ANYONE heard of pushing on the lower back as a spotting method?[/quote]

No, but when I’m spotting someone on bench, I like to push on his face. It really motivates.

DB

Holy sheep. that is HORRIBLE. I’m sorry that happened to you! Jeez, thank God for working out calves… baffled I think I’d seriously have some words for that idiot.

I htink I’d have kicked some ass.

IP_Junkie, you never told me the whole story. I just always knew you’d thrown your back out during a workout. can we pay a visit to your parents and go find that freaking reject?!?! What a moron.

[quote]doogie wrote:
apayne wrote:

That’s just what they want you to believe, man.[/quote]

which is it?

i thought he did the fam and then himself?

[quote]Bastard Guy wrote:
doogie wrote:
apayne wrote:

That’s just what they want you to believe, man.

which is it?

i thought he did the fam and then himself?[/quote]

No, his looney wife shot him.

I got another gym story.

Yesterday I’m at LA FITNESS working on the Squat Press machine. I had 5 plates of 45’s on each side, these two dudes come up to me after my set and asks if they can work in, I was like sure. I asked if they needed to take some plates off they’re like no we’re just warming up. I was like ok. The first guy lies down puts both hands on his leg just above his knee and begins to press out 10 reps, his friend goes next and does the exact same thing and exact same amount, I’m trying not to laugh cuz these two numbnuts never unlatched the the safety, they weren’t even doing 1/4 reps more like 1/8 reps, and the whole time they’re making faces, yelling at each other, screaming huffing and puffing and almost everyone in the gym is looking at us now. I was embarassed to be seen near these two idiots. I told them I was done and the machine was theirs, I didn’t even finish my set, I had to run and hide

[quote]doogie wrote:
Gianacakos wrote:
I FUCKING HATE UNIFORMED LIFTERS. Fuck this guy and the retards who produced him.

Me too! Why should people dress alike in the gym?[/quote]

F–king funny

[quote]Gianacakos

I FUCKING HATE UNIFORMED LIFTERS.

[/quote]

I think all female lifters should wear French maids uniforms

Here’s this guy loading the bench press with 2 25. Unrack the bar. The bar went down so fast on his chest I thought the guy would be split in half. Here’s the dude choking on a 85lbs load and me running to the bench press to help him out. Next thing I know the guy puts even more weight on the bar, booooom the bar knocked on his chest the trainer went to the guy to told him he should back off a bit. I’ve never seen him after that.

You helped that idiot? I would’ve waited until he turned into a Smurf and moaned for help befor helping him.
Also with the 2- 25’s and the bar wouldn’t be 95 pounds, if it’s a regular 45 pound olympic bar?

I was at a university gym, doing the limp wristed isolation crap I was sold on at the time, and a Singaporean student came in BARE FOOT and without a towel.

He went to almost every cardio machine and spent about 5 minutes mucking around with the buttons before doing about 30 seconds of hard sprinting.

He went to each of the weights machine with a similar routine. He would put on more weight than he could handle and then thrash out two or three reps with no idea what he was doing, he was even facing backwards in the lat pull down.

There was a heavy bag hanging in the gym, he started kicking it with all the technique and athleticism of a retarded five year old. He went to give an extra hard kick and missed by about a foot. He ended up flat on his face on the ground.

That finally caught the attention of the people working there and he was finally kicked out.

The funniest thing I have seen in my school’s weight room was the ‘trainers’ lead the football team through Smith machine quarter squats with a whopping 135 and four sets of warm-ups for one set of moderately hard lifting. One was a 25 year old blonde and the other a skinny guy. It simply amazes me that these people have jobs as trainers.

That is just sad.