T Nation

Unilateral Leg Training

I have recently noticed that my left leg seems to be stronger than my right. I feel like it's doing more work during any bilateral exercise. Any kind of deadlift, good morning, it doesn't matter, my left leg gets more sore than my right. Well I have now quit doing two leg exercises. I pretty much know the basics of unilateral leg training, but I was curious if anyone has had any success with this approach. Just a note, I have a barbell and dumbbells, no leg curl. Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if you might have some kind of impingement that is affecting neural drive to your weak leg. Maybe you should get that checked.

Thunder, I hope that is not the case. The only thing I can contribute to the fact that one leg is stronger is since I am a baseball player (right handed) I swing the bat the same way everytime landing on my left leg. Also I just got into weightlifting recently ( I didn't do any lifting last baseball season or before it.)

thunder,

why the hell do you keep bragging about your height?

its getting to be a little annoying.

The first phase of Ian Kings "Get Buffed" program is all unilateral stuff. I tried it but didn't really get much out of it.

P-Dog: you beat me to the punch. :slight_smile:

I second Ian King's "Get Buffed" program for unilateral work.

Bragging about my height? WTF?

Yeah I might be wrong, but this is about leg training, not Thunders height

thunder,

look buddy i dont know who you are trying to kid, but me and 5 others have been counting your posts all morning and you have mentioned your height 72 times and we're really getting tired of you bragging about your height.

P-DOG, very funny bro. I see you're picking up where our PM troll left off.

Maybe he'll want to brag about his dick size too, while he's at it.

diesel,

nice observation bro, ill get my research team on it right away.

you see this is the type of bs im talking about, i just cant stand it anymore.

"I can't comment on anything like a single, because I never do them, but for working sets, I have never gone past 335 lbs. Being tall makes it a long way down to a rock bottom squat."

he just keeps rubbing that height thing in our faces. wtf?

Dude, are you purposely trying to be like STOIT?

You guys are too funny.

just messing with you bro.