Unfit to Serve, 75% of Young Americans

[quote]Marlind wrote:
o RLY?[/quote]

Now imagine that your enemy will fire from a bedroom with such an infant present. Or, from hospitals full of infants, elderly, and just plain innocent folk. And they’ll attack you in the middle of markets full of children. They just won the war.

[quote] Matt wrote:
AlisaV wrote:
Out of curiosity, what do you have to be able to do to sign up?
(Not planning on it, just curious if I’d be in the 75%)

Been many moons since I was in, but if I remember to get into the Marine Corps you had to do 1 pullup, run 1.5 miles in I think 30 minutes and can’t remember the situps. All easy shit. No felonies and must have a HS diploma.

All of which are waiverable.
[/quote]

This and the fact that you have to be no more than 210-220 (I think) depending on the branch.

The armed forces take what they can get nowadays.

Isn’t recruiting through the roof this year? I think I read that the other day.

I guess they’ll have no choice but to let the gays join now.

I guess they’ll have no choice but to let the gays join now.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
It doesn’t really matter. What matters is the “Will” to fight and how much balls you have. For instance we could take Afghanistan with a 1/10 of the soldiers we have now over there(and would have been done and back home long ago) if we let them fight an unrestrained war without all these B.S. Geneva convention and other laws and “rules of engagement”. The hell with all this B.S. “special ops” crap and “gathering intelligence” - blow them all the hell up and there isn’t anything you need to know about them and they will never cause any more problems again.

[/quote]

Your a fucking idiot, and I’m serious man. Apparently you have never served in anything other than a Halo competition. It’s called morals and a conscious mind, and just being a good fucking human being. I’ve served for going on 6 years now in the Army, and I am cold to alot of things, but blowing them the hell up is just fucking stupid, and it shows just how stupid you actually are.

Time to grow up, and become just a tad more mature.

[quote]slippery_banana wrote:
mmllcc wrote:
It doesn’t really matter. What matters is the “Will” to fight and how much balls you have. For instance we could take Afghanistan with a 1/10 of the soldiers we have now over there(and would have been done and back home long ago) if we let them fight an unrestrained war without all these B.S. Geneva convention and other laws and “rules of engagement”. The hell with all this B.S. “special ops” crap and “gathering intelligence” - blow them all the hell up and there isn’t anything you need to know about them and they will never cause any more problems again.

Your a fucking idiot, and I’m serious man. Apparently you have never served in anything other than a Halo competition. It’s called morals and a conscious mind, and just being a good fucking human being. I’ve served for going on 6 years now in the Army, and I am cold to alot of things, but blowing them the hell up is just fucking stupid, and it shows just how stupid you actually are.

Time to grow up, and become just a tad more mature.
[/quote]

Agreed. Wars are an unfortunate necessity due to there being evil in the world, but it doesn’t mean you go searching to destroy everything in sight. If you do that, you will have entire populations against you. Then you got real problems. You go searching to demoralize the enemy and destroy the enemy. 99% of the innocent civilians don’t give a rats ass and are simply trying to survive their existence without people trying to blow them up.

The ironic thing is that we are at war in Afghanistan for that very reason. Terrorists ignored the “B.S. Geneva convention and other laws and ‘rules of engagement’” and thats why we are after them. In a wanton manner they destroyed non-military targets, and killed and/or wounded thousands of people just like you are advocating. I guess you are a fight fire with fire kind of guy. Unfortunately disgusting behavior like that only justifies their actions, and breeds even more death and hate.

“The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.” - Marcus Aurelius

[quote]Htowner wrote:

mmllcc wrote:

The ironic thing is that we are at war in Afghanistan for that very reason. Terrorists ignored the “B.S. Geneva convention and other laws and ‘rules of engagement’” and thats why we are after them. In a wanton manner they destroyed non-military targets, and killed and/or wounded thousands of people just like you are advocating. I guess you are a fight fire with fire kind of guy. Unfortunately disgusting behavior like that only justifies their actions, and breeds even more death and hate.

“The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.” - Marcus Aurelius[/quote]

At first I thought you were agreeing with him. I think that you hit the nail right on the head and your quote is priceless, and should be remembered by all.

Marcus Aurelius spent the better part of his tenure trying to “pacify” the germanic tribes on the western front while at the same time fighting the persians in the east. Nice quote. Only problem is that it comes from a guy who indirectly killed more people then the wars in iraq and afghanistan combined.

[quote] Matt wrote:
AlisaV wrote:

Been many moons since I was in, but if I remember to get into the Marine Corps you had to do 1 pullup, run 1.5 miles in I think 30 minutes and can’t remember the situps. All easy shit. No felonies and must have a HS diploma.

[/quote]

Also you cannot be flat footed or have super bad eyesight (not sure what the exact specs are). I was planning on going into the Marines, figured with my high scores and going to college I could go into the officer program and become an Marine Officer. I passed all the above except the feet and eyes.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:

[/quote]

Sure.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Matt wrote:
AlisaV wrote:

Also you cannot be flat footed or have super bad eyesight (not sure what the exact specs are). I was planning on going into the Marines, figured with my high scores and going to college I could go into the officer program and become an Marine Officer. I passed all the above except the feet and eyes.[/quote]

c. Refractive error (hyperopia (367.0), myopia (367.1), astigmatism, (367.2)), in any spherical equivalent of worse than -8.00 or + 8.00 diopters; if ordinary spectacles cause discomfort by reason of ghost images or prismatic displacement; or if corrected by orthokeratology or keratorefractive surgery. However, for entrance into a military academy or ROTC programs, the following conditions are disqualifying:

I’m at a 7+.

Enlistments are through the roof as always in bad economic times. Requirements are different for each branch but none make difficult physical demands just to get in. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to pass the written tests. Weight is based on heigth and there are adjustments for muscular enlistees.

I tried to think of something that would express my contempt for people who talk like the idiot mmllcc and couldn’t. Why do they always think that kind of talk makes them sound tough? Reason I don’t come to this part of the site much.

sorry forgot to attach ROTC/military academy standard
(1) Astigmatism, all types over 3 diopters.

(2) Hyperopia over 8.00 diopters spherical equivalent.

(3) Myopia over 6.75 diopters spherical equivalent.

(4) Refractive error corrected by orthokeratology or keratorefractive surgery.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Enlistments are through the roof as always in bad economic times. Requirements are different for each branch but none make difficult physical demands just to get in. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to pass the written tests. Weight is based on heigth and there are adjustments for muscular enlistees.
I tried to think of something that would express my contempt for people who talk like the idiot mmllcc and couldn’t. Why do they always think that kind of talk makes them sound tough? Reason I don’t come to this part of the site much. [/quote]

any word on an increase in officers. I heard most people are leaving after their 4 years, so it shouldn’t be to hard to move up if your willing to stay in.

Unfortunately at one point I was one of those considered unfit to serve. Back in my younger years I got in trouble with the law which I hate to admit. Although I’ve worked hard, got the record expunged, started going to college and have just become an all around good guy. Now I just need a few more credits before I can join (GED), then I’m off to serve. :slight_smile:

So I guess what I’m getting at is this. If those 75% of people wanted to join, then they would find a way to shape up and do the honor of serving. But they obviously don’t, so who cares. I’d rather have an Army of 10 BAMFers over 100 douchebag slobs.

And a recruiter told me they get tons of fat asses trying to enlist, thinking basic will get them in shape. I guess they never thought of getting in shape prior to basic.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:

[/quote]

Fuckin’ Straight!