T Nation

Unfit to Serve, 75% of Young Americans

Latest report, 75% of Us citizens those between ages 17-24 do not meet the basic requirements to serve in the armed forces. Why? Unfit - either obese or just not physically able, lack a high school degree, or have had problems with the law.

Sad state of affairs

That doesn’t really surprise me.

Btw, you from TAMU?

Yep.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
Latest report, 75% of Us citizens those between ages 17-24 do not meet the basic requirements to serve in the armed forces. Why? Unfit - either obese or just not physically able, lack a high school degree, or have had problems with the law.

Sad state of affairs[/quote]

Lean hungry warriors are a nuisance to a society. Why do you think McDonalds and video games were invented?

Intelligent masses are a threat — they might figure out that their rulers are superflous. Why do you think public schools were invented?

It doesn’t really matter. What matters is the “Will” to fight and how much balls you have. For instance we could take Afghanistan with a 1/10 of the soldiers we have now over there(and would have been done and back home long ago) if we let them fight an unrestrained war without all these B.S. Geneva convention and other laws and “rules of engagement”. The hell with all this B.S. “special ops” crap and “gathering intelligence” - blow them all the hell up and there isn’t anything you need to know about them and they will never cause any more problems again.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
It doesn’t really matter. What matters is the “Will” to fight and how much balls you have. For instance we could take Afghanistan with a 1/10 of the soldiers we have now over there(and would have been done and back home long ago) if we let them fight an unrestrained war without all these B.S. Geneva convention and other laws and “rules of engagement”. The hell with all this B.S. “special ops” crap and “gathering intelligence” - blow them all the hell up and there isn’t anything you need to know about them and they will never cause any more problems again.

[/quote]

Lol @ your ignorance.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:

[/quote]

YEAH! The hell with this “gathering intelligence” shit and making sure you’re killing the actual enemy and not mistakenly killing innocent people. I mean, what the fuck are they doing living in a country we invaded anyway? Assholes. They got some fuckin nerve.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

YEAH! The hell with this “gathering intelligence” shit and making sure you’re killing the actual enemy and not mistakenly killing innocent people. I mean, what the fuck are they doing living in a country we invaded anyway? Assholes. They got some fuckin nerve.

[/quote]

No such thing as an innocent person.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
sam_sneed wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

No such thing as an innocent person.[/quote]

lol… I guess you haven’t seen The Kingdom?

not surprising to me either, but thats a good thing. If you have no pride in yourself, you definitely will have no pride in your country. We dont need soldiers like that.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

[/quote]

Seriously, we should just nuke the entire middle east… we’re slacking. /end sarcasm

[quote]Amiright wrote:
sam_sneed wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

Seriously, we should just nuke the entire middle east… we’re slacking. /end sarcasm

[/quote]

You don’t have to do that…just blow the hell out them enough to where they say to themselves – “Hey you know, I am tired of my cities getting erased at the rate of one per day…I am going to stop acting like a dick now because these crazy Americans are way bigger dicks than we can be.”

This is what all wars boil down to – who can be the bigger dicks.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
sam_sneed wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

Yeah I’m sure you believe that if someone invaded the US and killed you that it’d all be good since no one is innocent.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
sam_sneed wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

o RLY?

[quote]mmllcc wrote:

[/quote]

That was retarded.

Yeah bombing the shit out of countries is a brilliant idea.

China are so fucking stupid as a government, why don’t they just nuke the shit out of the US and proclaim themselves rulers of the world? Moronic idea, eh?

Yeah, ignorance is bliss JLu.

Out of curiosity, what do you have to be able to do to sign up?
(Not planning on it, just curious if I’d be in the 75%)

[quote]mmllcc wrote:

[/quote]

i really hate to even respond to someone whos thinking power is limited to “blow them all the hell up” but i have to tell you, you are a fucking moron. thats all the response i feel you deserve atm.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Out of curiosity, what do you have to be able to do to sign up?
(Not planning on it, just curious if I’d be in the 75%)[/quote]

Been many moons since I was in, but if I remember to get into the Marine Corps you had to do 1 pullup, run 1.5 miles in I think 30 minutes and can’t remember the situps. All easy shit. No felonies and must have a HS diploma.

All of which are waiverable.

[quote]Marlind wrote:
mmllcc wrote:
sam_sneed wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

No such thing as an innocent person.

o RLY?[/quote]

You bastard… how dare you post that picture! That baby killed my uncle!