UNFIT Comic Strip

I just discovered this a week ago. T-Nation members will love it. Be sure to read the “bios” on the characters.

http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/unfit/index.html

Hey, thanks for the plug Roofus. Glad to hear you like the strip!

Oh my GOD, man! You are GENIUS! I sat here reading all of May & June and DYING of laughter!!!

Ok, why are you not in my local newspaper?!?!?! What a bright spot that would be in my day! LOL!

[quote]Gothic77 wrote:
Oh my GOD, man! You are GENIUS! I sat here reading all of May & June and DYING of laughter!!![/quote]

As someone with a very short attention span, I take it as a great compliment that you read so many in one sitting. Thanks. : )

I’m wondering the same thing! You should call them up and demand they start running it!

[quote]mike_b wrote:
Hey, thanks for the plug Roofus. Glad to hear you like the strip![/quote]

I should’ve know you were a T-Man, sorry if I missed you before. You’ve got great insight. I’m pretty choosy about my comics. My all time fav’s (not in order) Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes, Bloom County/Outland/Opus, Get Fuzzy, and now…Unfit.

[quote]roofus_5 wrote:
mike_b wrote:
Hey, thanks for the plug Roofus. Glad to hear you like the strip!

I should’ve know you were a T-Man, sorry if I missed you before. You’ve got great insight. I’m pretty choosy about my comics. My all time fav’s (not in order) Dilbert, Calvin & Hobbes, Bloom County/Outland/Opus, Get Fuzzy, and now…Unfit.[/quote]

Now there’s a group I don’t mind be lumped in with. : )

Great strip. Keep up the good work!

Awesome! My gf left a half full shaker of protien that spilled in the back of a BMW, fucking sticks even after steam cleaning the mat and carpet.

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Awesome! My gf left a half full shaker of protien that spilled in the back of a BMW, fucking sticks even after steam cleaning the mat and carpet.[/quote]

Oh, nasty. Try baking soda (sit it there for awhile. Vac in a couple days.) And then, if that doens’t work, use white vinegar. Just soak it. Then, again, vacuum it up. USe the seam cleaner, if need be. But instead of your usual cleaner, put vinegar in it. I know it sounds frooty, but it works.

Also, get yourself some lavender essential oil or tea tree essential oil. Make SURE it says “Essential Oil” on the bottle. Both of those are good at making things smell clean and nice.

I also swear by their healing properties, but this isn’t my natural living forum, so I’ll spare you. :slight_smile:

Mike_B, tell me what I need to do to get the local paper to run your strip. It’s a small town and there are 2 gyms, so I believe it would be well recieved!

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Awesome! My gf left a half full shaker of protein that spilled in the back of a BMW, fucking sticks even after steam cleaning the mat and carpet.[/quote]

I’m convinced that all protein powder should be required to have a warning label about the potential stench that results from an unwashed container.

Maybe even handling directions on what to do if come across a suspicious looking shaker.

[quote]Gothic77 wrote:

Mike_B, tell me what I need to do to get the local paper to run your strip. It’s a small town and there are 2 gyms, so I believe it would be well recieved![/quote]

You could call or drop an email to the paper’s editor telling them that you like the strip.

Or get a group of friends together and march in front of their offices with signs and a bull-horn. Whichever is more your style.

[quote]I’m convinced that all protein powder should be required to have a warning label about the potential stench that results from an unwashed container.

Maybe even handling directions on what to do if come across a suspicious looking shaker. [/quote]

Great stuff Mike!

Fuck anybody know how to get the smell outta shakers? Seems if you leave it sit too long the smell kinda lingers, even after the dishwasher.

Jersey,

Same thing as I mentioned previously. A good long soak w/ water and baking soda and then again w/ water and white vinegar.

Of course, if it’s been sitting long enough, it may be a lost cause and you;ll just need to buy new containers.

But the above works just fine on the kids sippy cups (plastic). Oh! White vnegar in the rinse cup instead of that jet-dry type stuff.

[quote]mike_b wrote:
You could call or drop an email to the paper’s editor telling them that you like the strip.
[/quote]

That’s more my style. :smiley:

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Fuck anybody know how to get the smell outta shakers? Seems if you leave it sit too long the smell kinda lingers, even after the dishwasher.[/quote]

I wish I did. I’d patent the formula and sell it to Biotest. That would be a nice addition to their product line.

Or maybe I could start a protein shaker trade in program, like they do with propane for your BBQ. Just seal it up in a zip-loc and mail it in when you’re ready for a fresh one.

Dude…I’m going through your comic archives…priceless, bro.

Hey, do you take ideas/requests…what the heck, I’ll throw some ideas to ya if you don’t mind…maybe others can too.

[quote]Trailblazer wrote:
Dude…I’m going through your comic archives…priceless, bro.

Hey, do you take ideas/requests…what the heck, I’ll throw some ideas to ya if you don’t mind…maybe others can too.

[/quote]

Sure, you or anyone else that has a funny gym/exercise/health related story they’d like to share, I’d love to hear it!

Post 'em or PM me.

I just got notification that “Unfit” is being discontinued from comics.com on May 26.

WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!?

I wasn’t sure how to fold the towels, so I took one from the linen closet and reverse engineered it.

I’ve actually done this!

Here’s a crazy, wacky thought. What if T-Nation were to run this cartoon? Is that even possible? I don’t know what all is involved in syndicating a strip so I apologize in advance if this idea is totally unworkable.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/departments/syndicates/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002501818

Dilbert creator Scott Adams announced on his blog this February that Justin Thompson had been chosen from about 80 cartoonist applicants to draw Mike Belkin’s 2005-launched comic. (Belkin would continue to write “Unfit.”) But the handing over of the art duties never took place.

“The official answer from Mike is that the intended collaboration with Justin ‘didn’t work out.’ Mike decided to leave cartooning instead,” said Adams, when contacted yesterday by E&P. “No one was more surprised than I was. I saw some of their collaborative samples and I think it would have been a top-five comic within a few years.”

A United spokesperson said “Unfit” will end May 28. After that, United’s Comics.com might post reruns of the strip.