Unexplained & Persistent Missing Libido

Besides Wellbutrin and buspar, I’ve tried trazodone, cabergoline and selegiline. Nothing worked really.

Trt: pretty much all different dosing protocols. Axiron as well.

Right now I’m trying daily shots at a high dose to see if I can get
My ft test high up in order to get some arousal/libido. I’m basically thing anything at this point.

If you’re truly secondary, get other systems your pituitary controls tested out. You’re likely low on thyroid hormones as well.

1 Like

Really? I tried looking up reasons for it and all I could find was that it blocked the alpha & beta estrogen receptor in the brain as well as breast tissue.

@andyreed
Your dick doesn’t shrink. Your balls get a little smaller but not really noticeable to anyone but you. Smaller balls means your dick looks bigger. I would think saggy nuts are not sexy to women. Mine don’t sag anymore. I don’t think any woman chose to have sex with a man based on testicle size.

I don’t think people know to much about clomid because no one has great experience with it using it for TRT. Pharma may have better info on clomid.

@andyreed
Have you ever tried proviron, masteron, or other DHT derivatives?

My gf (who doesn’t know about TRT) stated once about my balls “I love your perky balls”. And that she hated droopy saggy ones.

SO look at it as a plus. It’s just not that big of a deal. They don’t disintegrate.

Thanks guys for all the input and comments trying to relieve my fears of shrinking testicles on TRT. I will admit the thought of my testicles becoming shrunken raisens really, really depresses me. I’d almost rather get them removed and replaced with a fake nut and just get sperm frozen before.

I sent my doctor an email continuing to complain about my lack of libido on clomid. ((Reminder than I have been on HCG/TRT combo before)) He says if I want to try pure testosterone, he wants me to try the new drug " Xyosted", which appears to be a fancy Epi-pen like version of testosterone enanthate.

I’m going to get a second opinion on 3 September before making up my mind.

1 Like

Adding to the above post ------ is it possible to take low dose clomid or something while on trt to at least keep your nuts alive and not let your pituitary (lh/fsh) completely shut down? ((after my last spout of trt/hcg it was a 6 painful months for my pituitary to wake up in response to the clomid)).

I would go with: neither of those things is true. Clomid is going to raise LH and thus natural production (unless your balls don’t work). You will aromatize at the testes, and anastrozole can’t do anything about it, it can’t get in there through the barrier (like the blood/brain barrier). You should have higher E2 on Clomid, but atking an AI will kill E2 production everywhere else. Some of the studies I’ve read recently lead me to believe that E2 doesn’t actually travel well in the body, which is why the aromatize enzyme seems to be everywhere. So, I would gues taking an AI on Clomid would be particular problematic.

Fwiw,

I’ve been on Testosterone only, trt for 6 years.

My wife says that my balls are the same size that they were 25 years ago.

Not everyone experiences testicle shrinkage on test only.

In fact, my doc said that the majority of his patients either don’t notice shrinkage, or aren’t bothered enough by it. I believe the number he told me, was around 80-90% don’t need/use hcg.

Hardartery – Does high E2 in the testicles affect libido then? Or logically it would only be high E2 in the brain that would affect libido? Really interesting insight you are providing – appreciate it.

Gossamer – thanks for the data point. I wish that I could be that case, but I think i’m in the testicles go rapidly to mush catergory. During the approximately 6 months I was waiting for clomid to reactivate my pituitary and restore LH and FSH — my testicles shrunk and got soft very, very fast.

My testicles only shrunk on TRT when my estrogen was high, when my estrogen was ideal testicles were about 25% smaller pre-TRT.

Rich Piano? Is that you?

1 Like

@unreal24278
Shhh (I totally got it from that YouTube video)

1 Like

Think of balls as the labia majora of the man. It’s like you pulling off her pants and she’s proud to show you her giant saggy labia wizard sleeve. If you want to know what balls on TRT are like just Google the Pam Anderson sex tape. She’s got perfect trt labia.

1 Like

If a woman is attractive and lets me in, labia size isn’t a factor to me lol, however this description

is pretty great

1 Like

TSH could be lower, around 1. Getting higher level of thyroid hormones helps if you bump T up: as a result E2 goes up and body needs more thyroid hormones to function properly.

I do not recommend SSRI’s, they will likely kill everything about libido.

On my case libido is dead when E2 is low, and skyhigh when E2 is bit high. My urologist has told me that it seems to be with all his patients this way (high E2 better libido-wise). Ofcourse when my E2 crosses some treshold libido stays on some degree but I can not perform.

Libido is all in the head. LOL. Dopamine is a primary player.

1 Like

I read somewhere that as E2 gets higher, so does libido, but not so much for erections.

Hardartery — on dopamine being the primary player in libido — my point EXACTLY. And the entire purpose of this thread.

Probably TMI but many male to female transexuals without bottom surgery can still get an erection and they have a natural woman’s testosterone levels. Clearly testosterone is not the be all and end all of getting hard and laying pipe.

Which brings me full circle to question of whether my hormones are really the problem – or its a mental state.

When I was low T years ago, a Dr gave me a shot in the butt of pure test ((no hcg)) and said I should feel a boost in libido within a few days – and I didn’t feel shit. Maybe my estrogen/test ratio on hcg/tcrypt was never perfect – but it should not have to be “perfect” to get a libido if you are mentally in a good spot.

I can remember other moments when I was super happy and suddenly my ability to have an erection massively increased. One day struggling to get it up. The next, getting it up 8 times in 1 day.

I remain most interested in guys out there who struggled hard with low libido and then fixed their mental health — and libido symptoms improved significantly.

2 Likes