T Nation

Uneven Feeling Chest

I’m currently doing 5/3/1 routine and I did chest today. Flat Bench Press, Incline DB and Cable Flyes. You know the swollen feeling your muscles get after you workout? Well, for some odd reason my left pec felt significantly more swoll than my right. I’m curious of why that would be and if I might be unevenly developing my chest? If I am developing it incorrectly how would I fix it and stay in the same routine?

Post a picture.

Well, I took a picture and you can’t really see a difference, but I can definately feel a difference. I can feel my left pec against my left arm but on my right side, it just feels normal. Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree with this post and having no true evidence for anyone to see. :S

I’ll try to get a picture up that let’s you see what I’m talking about.

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
Well, I took a picture and you can’t really see a difference, but I can definately feel a difference. I can feel my left pec against my left arm but on my right side, it just feels normal. Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree with this post and having no true evidence for anyone to see. :S

I’ll try to get a picture up that let’s you see what I’m talking about.[/quote]

I certainly believe there’s a difference in size. These size discrepancies are pretty normal, and unless it’s big difference, which in this case it’s not, it’s a non-issue. If it was super noticeable, then maybe you had some inability to fire your one pec, but that’d be pretty rare, don’t you think?

I also wanted to get an idea for the overall development you have. You should probably be worrying about just getting bigger & gaining strength all over. Focusing & fretting over these minute details is what causes people to not ever get anywhere, IMHO.

(Edit: I see your avatar now. You’re very lean, but don’t have much muscle over all. I don’t see any discrepancy; maybe I could if I looked really hard for 5 minutes, but I’d rather study a chicks chest. Just get bigger.

One question, though… do you have a big strength discrepancy between your left & right side during unilateral movements?)

Well thanks for the help goochadamg. I wasn’t trying to come off as VERY concerned about this issue, because I’m not. I am more curious than anything. The avatar picture is about a year and a half old anyways. Not making excuses, just notifying. I am focusing on seriously bulking. To answer your question, the unilateral movements seem to be equally proportionate on each side.