Undeveloped Right Pec

Hey guys, this problem really bugs me off everytime. I hit chest hard, sometimes twice a week and focusing on the lagging right part but it doesn’t show any progress for a long period of time. I am sure it is genetics, but anyway how can I EVEN the lagging part? I mainly use dumbells. Should I train 1 week whole chest and the 2nd week only the lagging part twice/once a week? Or maybe I should see a doctor, if so what kind of doctor? Best regards!

just get bigger. You only notice things like this when you’re small.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
just get bigger. You only notice things like this when you’re small.[/quote]

Eh, 9 times out of 10 this is good advice. But if the imbalance is as significant as it appears in this picture I think it may only grow worse over time.

Typically getting bigger is the best answer for asymmetry in muscle shape, with muscle size I would expect some corrections to be necessary or it would get worse.

I don’t have the right answer.

OP - are strength levels the same for both sides or does 1 side consistently fail before the other in your dumbbell presses?

The picture’s at an angle though. If he stepped back a bit and took a straight-on picture, it may look different. Holding the camera up could be affecting the picture too.

The angle doesn’t matter. It’s still as it appears, with huge difference between them! Strenght is not affected though. I weight 140 lbs, and bench 176 for 8 reps.

[quote]tihomir wrote:
The angle doesn’t matter. It’s still as it appears, with huge difference between them! Strenght is not affected though. I weight 140 lbs, and bench 176 for 8 reps.[/quote]

I specifically asked about your dumbbell strength. It’s not uncommon for 1 arm to be doing a bit more work than the other in barbell work, especially as a beginner.

If you don’t notice any difference in strength with dumbbells and you already use dumbbells for most of your chest work I’m plumb out of ideas. Sorry. :frowning:

[quote]tihomir wrote:
The angle doesn’t matter. It’s still as it appears, with huge difference between them! Strenght is not affected though. I weight 140 lbs, and bench 176 for 8 reps.[/quote]

How tall are you?

My left pec is bigger than my right, but my right tricep is quite a bit bigger. I don’t have any real strength difference between the two when doing DB press. My guess is I favor pressing with my tricep on the right side.

I do notice a strength difference when doing unilateral tricep exercises; I haven’t tried with a unilateral specific chest exercise (like DB Flys), but I’m almost positive my right will be weaker.

Try some isolation unilateral pec exercises, like DB Flys.

A man can get Gynecomastia on one pec and not the other.

I am 1.80cm , i dont think its gyno. But a bad gene?

doesn’t look like gyno to me

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
just get bigger. You only notice things like this when you’re small.[/quote]

Eh, 9 times out of 10 this is good advice. But if the imbalance is as significant as it appears in this picture I think it may only grow worse over time.
[/quote]

Maybe, but he hasn’t really build any muscle at all so far. Before you can judge if the extra attention to the one side pays off (like he says he is doing), you actually have get bigger.