Underweight Want to Get Ripped

Some stats: 22 years old, 5’11", 150lbs. Hypermetabolic, have ALWAYS had a hard time gaining/maintaining weight.

I spent three years in college working out 6 days a week with great results. Defined muscles, visible abs, prominent veins… I was pretty ripped even though I think my overall weight topped out at about 140lbs.

About a year ago, I started mountain biking competitively. The time I used to spend in the gym is now spent on the trail or cross-training on the road. I still do a little lifting, but it is mainly for endurance - high reps at low weight.

Since I started cycling I have gained about 10lbs - mainly around the stomach - and am no longer ripped. There is definition when I flex but I would like to get back to (or at least closer to) my previous build.

My dilemma is - even at 150lbs I’m still very much underweight for someone of my height. So although I’d like to re-cut I don’t want to lose much weight (weight gained via muscle replacing fat is A-OK, of course!) With my training schedule on the bike I don’t have a lot of time to spend at the gym.

Looking for any advice or suggestions you guys have to offer. I think it may be more of a dietary thing but any training tips are definitely appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

eat big, lift big and don’t even thing the words cutting or ripped for the next six months.

You ahve clearly lost your way and were really looking for:

You weigh 150lbs. Unless you are very short, the BODYBUILDING info you will get from this BODYBUILDING message board will be to gain more weight and keep lifting. Being skinny doesn’t mean you are “hypermetabolic”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Being skinny doesn’t mean you are “hypermetabolic”. [/quote]

think he meant to say ectoskinnymorphicamaticly challenged

[quote]arsefluff wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Being skinny doesn’t mean you are “hypermetabolic”.

think he meant to say ectoskinnymorphicamaticly challenged
[/quote]

OH. I get that and “hyperectosuperhyperthyrometabolically challenged” mixed up all the time.

I always just thought I was skinny till the doc told me otherwise.

I’ll give that other forum a shot, they’ve got a nutrition board. Thanks.

[quote]Flatline wrote:
I’ll give that other forum a shot, they’ve got a nutrition board. Thanks.[/quote]

What kind of “nutrition” takes you down from a whopping 150 fucking pounds?

[quote]Flatline wrote:

I’ll give that other forum a shot, they’ve got a nutrition board. Thanks.[/quote]

If you won’t take the time to get your head out of your ass and realize that if you’re 150lbs at 5’11, then there is something very wrong, and it’s not you being fat.

Well done Prof - looks like you might finally be getting rid some of them.

It’s sad that people think “bodybuilding” is equivalent to starving yourself like a 13 yr old anorexic girl in order to try to bring out some muscle definition.

Oh well, at least we aren’t getting pictures!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

You weigh 150lbs. Unless you are very short, the BODYBUILDING info you will get from this BODYBUILDING message board will be to gain more weight and keep lifting. Being skinny doesn’t mean you are “hypermetabolic”. [/quote]

Pro X…you know this is also an MMA and Atlthletic forum, where chemists come together…

You are becoming an outdated Dogma!

[quote]Flatline wrote:

Ohh, you’ve got no balls either.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You weigh 150lbs. Unless you are very short, the BODYBUILDING info you will get from this BODYBUILDING message board will be to gain more weight and keep lifting. Being skinny doesn’t mean you are “hypermetabolic”.

Pro X…you know this is also an MMA and Atlthletic forum, where chemists come together…

You are becoming an outdated Dogma!
[/quote]

…and your wife has big breasteseseses. Looks like we both noticed something today.

[quote]rsg wrote:
If you won’t take the time to get your head out of your ass and realize that if you’re 150lbs at 5’11, then there is something very wrong, and it’s not you being fat.[/quote]

Did any of you guys actually read my original post? I’m trying to avoid any weight loss from training.

In any case I already got some decent advice on several other forums.

Hmm. Getting ripped down from 150?

I suggest an apple and a can of tuna per day.

You get a rice cake on “cheat” day.

Beef

[quote]Flatline wrote:
Did any of you guys actually read my original post?[/quote]

Yeah, you said:

I think there has been a miscommunication here. To the bodybuilding world, to “cut” is to drop bodyfat.

Unless that’s what you meant.

In which case I’m confused.

Explain.

Beef

[quote]Flatline wrote:
rsg wrote:
If you won’t take the time to get your head out of your ass and realize that if you’re 150lbs at 5’11, then there is something very wrong, and it’s not you being fat.

Did any of you guys actually read my original post? I’m trying to avoid any weight loss from training.

In any case I already got some decent advice on several other forums.[/quote]

Cool, you have gotten decent advice on other forums. We can’t help you here.
Personally, I am about your height, and if I weighed 150, I would wear steel toe boots, ankle and wrist weights, and a lead belt like horse jockeys who are too light weigh, just so I could tell people i weighed more.

150 lbs?

Nothing wrong with weighing 150 lbs. Prof X is somewhere around 270 I guess and he weighed about 150lbs when he started lifting… so I’ve read somewhere.

I myself started at 150lbs. I am 225 now down from 250. Most people here are trying to gain weight. So, everytime a newb post a weight of 150 and wants to trim… most of us just shake our heads and wonder why the fuck would you want to do that? Especially when you post it somewhere called TESTOSTERONE.

I’m trying to build 250lbs of solid muscle and need about 25 more lbs. That’s why I log in and like to post and read posts from guys with similiar goals. About 100% of T-Men don’t want to weigh 150lbs.

You should have picked a different site to post on and you won’t get flamed. Try nancy boys that are a ripped 150 site… I’m sure you can impress everyone there with your goals and find several young deuchebags to help you out.

I believe eliteballa is an author over there. He’s shredded and he even knows alot about footwear. Most of us here are trying to gain muscle… not lose a belly so we can impress the pansy generation of nancy boys that think a ripped 150 is somehow a body that would fit well on TESTOSTERONE NATION… guess what it doesn’t.

Think of T-Nation as the all black fraternity in the movie “Road Trip” where all the brothers are pretty big dudes… now everyday the skinny white boy at a gawky 132lbs shows up and wants to be a member. Ya see what i’m sayin’?.. gotta weed out some of this shit, unless you can dance you might get the door slammed in your face.

What is hypermetabolic? I am 5’10 and almost 170. I used to weigh under 130 lbs a little over three years ago then I discovered eating, and yes I know I am still very small but I am working on it.

If what you did before worked for you, why don’t you do it again?

And for goodness sake fix up your diet. There’s no excuse for getting a gut when you’re a bike rider.

Lol - I just read the posts above. Geez we’re an unhelpful bunch aren’t we.

OP - you’ve come to the right place. Look up some articles on nutrition first, this is the key, with the right diet, you could be ripped right now with what you’re currently doing for exercise. However you will not get muscular unless you lift heavy weights. There are many articles for that here also. I recommend eating a clean, healthy diet and hitting a full body workout 3 times a week.

Heavy fool - don’t you think it’s strange that your defining what T-Nation is about to everyone when you’ve been here all of 2 months?