Underwater Base Jumping. Bad Ass!

Incredible!

Lol Theres a great idea- Swim/fall down into a large, pitch black hole you find underwater with only a pair of goggles on.

OMG, I’m falling. Whatever will I do but the adrenoline rush is exhilerating.

Wait, I messed up. I’m going to stop, swim back up to the top and start over.

I shall dub him Crazy Ball-s. Great video, Crazy human.

Awesome.

Oxygen?

So this guy holds his breath for over minutes and doesn’t “equalize” (at least I never saw him do it) while swimming down the hole?

That’s impressive.

Jesus Christ.

[quote]Dustin wrote:
So this guy holds his breath for over minutes and doesn’t “equalize” (at least I never saw him do it) while swimming down the hole?

That’s impressive.[/quote]

He eqaulizes. Not everyone needs to pinch their nose and exhale to equalize.

Some free divers (mainly those who use sleds) fill their sinuses up with seawater right before the dive. With weighted sleds, you can’t equalize fast enough to keep up with the increasing pressure.

That video was awesome, though.

I’m out of breath just watching.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I’m out of breath just fapping.[/quote]
Fixe…oh wait wrong thread.

That is one of the most hardcore things I’ve ever seen.

Also spare a thought for the cameramen who had to do the exact same thing!

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Some free divers (mainly those who use sleds) fill their sinuses up with seawater right before the dive. With weighted sleds, you can’t equalize fast enough to keep up with the increasing pressure.
[/quote]

The speed with which he dove down into the hole was what prompted the equalizing comment.

I wasn’t aware that free divers would fill their sinuses with water before diving. That shit is crazy. My head starts to pound at about 12 feet. I can’t imagine trying to do something like this.

[quote]wigsa wrote:
Also spare a thought for the cameramen who had to do the exact same thing![/quote]

Edited because I’m an idiot.

Yeah, that’s impressive. haha

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I’m out of breath just watching.[/quote]

Me too man, I felt like I was holding my breath too.

This guy, Guillame Nery, holds the world record for the deepest free-dive at 113 meters. Which means, presumably, that he has to climb that 113m back up?!

How is that remotely possible?!

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
This guy, Guillame Nery, holds the world record for the deepest free-dive at 113 meters. Which means, presumably, that he has to climb that 113m back up?!

How is that remotely possible?![/quote]

He has to swim that back up, yes.

Sick genetics, unimaginable lung capacity and absolute breathing control make it possible.

amazing stuff. breath holding for a few mins is trainable apparently, but its amazing that some people can stay active too.

Had to laugh at a youtube comment: “how is this impressive? Other than being able to hold his breath for a reasonably long time he’s literally just letting himself sink… not really skill intensive if you ask me”

Must have been a kid, only a kid can say such foolish shitngs without realising how silly they sound!

there does seem to be a genetic factor, found an article on another free driver: How can I learn to hold my breath like a freediver? | Science | The Guardian

Awesome stuff…thanks for posting,RJ.