Understanding Weight Flunctuations

lurker just registered.

Anyways. Im 6foot tall…167lbs (this morning, eek). I am bulking. One week from today I was 173, which was my last workout. I have been sick the past couple of days, but have forced 3000cals down (~170g protein), tracking it with Fitday.

I am trying to understand weight fluctuations like this. Maybe I lost water weight from being sick, but 6lbs? I also feel smaller, my pants are a little looser, etc.

Have I lost my progress from the past 2 months? Im going to the gym in a couple hours, so I guess we’ll see.

When I got mono I lost around 10-15 pounds.
With lots of hard lifting and eating after recovery I gained it all back in about a month. Don’t worry about it.

I guess Ill even include my diet so far today…

10am, wakeup, cup of coffee
10:30, OJ & Kashi bar (5g fat, 7g protein, 5g fiber)
…shower
11 am, begin sipping my shake (8oz skim milk, 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 bannana, 1 tsp olive oil, bit of splenda for taste)
2pm, 2oz turkey on wheat bread with provolone cheese

[quote]gabex wrote:

…shower
11 am, begin sipping my shake (8oz skim milk, 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 bannana, 1 tsp olive oil, bit of splenda for taste)
2pm, 2oz turkey on wheat bread with provolone cheese[/quote]

Sooooooooo when do you Actually eat?

[quote]gabex wrote:

…shower
2pm, 2oz turkey on wheat bread with provolone cheese[/quote]

Where’s the food? All I see or appetizers like at a business meeting.

Because I glanced at my screen before I left for the gym, before flaming begins…

An hour later PreWO Shake… then shake right when I get out… That list was only for the first 4 hours of my morning.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
gabex wrote:

…shower
2pm, 2oz turkey on wheat bread with provolone cheese

Where’s the food? All I see or appetizers like at a business meeting.[/quote]

If thats what the serve at your buisness meetings your lucky, they always have crappy donuts and pastries at mine.

You were sick you likely lost a ton of hydration and well just body weight. Hell I can swing up and down 10+ lbs a day depending on how, what and if I eat.

If you were sick as in getting sick not holding food in either end then your intestine which hols a Lot of material is likely not full as well.

One week is not enough time to notice any type of weight trend due to muscle or fat change. Uncertainty due to water makes such a measurement unreliable. I use two weeks as an absolute minimum timetable for seeing if I’ve gained or lost anything. A month is better.

thank you for an actual response to my question.

i was afraid to post from the beginning because i knew i’d hear “shut up and eat” and because didnt have a shoe to hold up to ask what my bf% was.

eating maintenance (3000cal) when youre sick is hard… but im feeling a lot better now so im starting today to go back to to around 3700cal.

when i went to the gym, instead of increasing weight, i just did the exact weight/rep scheme i did last week. i pulled everything off fine and didn’t struggle, so i believe hydration was key.