T Nation

Underbelly TV Series

Are there any Underbelly fans on T-Nation?

I’m 7 episodes in and think it is the best Aussie TV series for a long time. I avoided it for a long while because I thought it would be very tacky, poorly acted and not worth watching. I have been proven wrong.

The story is great because it is basically true. The characters are portrayed brilliantly by the actors. An abundance of tits and action scenes and it all took place in the suburbs I lived in over the period of time.

I’d like others opinions on the show. If you haven’t got onto this show (or heard of it like many on this site) get on it now.

Never heard of it, thanks for the heads up.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Never heard of it, thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Seriously worth a look.

I loved it.

I’m not sure if non-Australians would like it though.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
I loved it.

I’m not sure if non-Australians would like it though.

[/quote]

That’s probably more what I was trying to work out by posting on T-Nation. I thought it was good but the fact that it really happened made the show authentic.

The actors were great and the humour in places was very Australian so it might be wasted on the non-Australian.

yeah im in victoria and its banned however i’ve seen up to episode 10, it is a great series, i’ve also read the book, the book was ehh not well written

also on a side note i’ve been to alot of places made mention in the series and live near where alphonse gagitano (sp?) was murdered, about 2 minute drive

Hey I’ve only caught bout 2 episodes of it cause as a law abiding citizen I wouldn’t own a copy.
Clearly your from interstate Tarvold?:wink:

I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far, though I’m guessing Americans will probably see it as a poor mans Soprano’s.

[quote]Tarvold wrote:

I’d like others opinions on the show.

[/quote]

Well i have one, I don’t intend to watch it, they are just maggots, nothing more nothing less.

tarvold, i agree with you there mate. it is a bloody good tv series.

[quote]sands wrote:
Hey I’ve only caught bout 2 episodes of it cause as a law abiding citizen I wouldn’t own a copy.
Clearly your from interstate Tarvold?:wink:

I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far, though I’m guessing Americans will probably see it as a poor mans Soprano’s.[/quote]

Dude, you gotta start downloading shit!

I’m from the US and a big time Sopranos fan but I honestly have to say this show is the fucking real deal. Acting was good as we all know Blue Heelers and Neighbours are the breeding grounds of successful actors :wink:

If you have not seen it, watch it all. I don’t give a fuck if it measures up to Tony Soprano, but Carl Williams just went in there said “Fuck tradition and the Mobs old ways! This city is mine!”

Pure scum but it made brilliant TV. The only ones I feel sorry for are the good guys that got killed along the way.

[quote]aussie486 wrote:
Well i have one, I don’t intend to watch it, they are just maggots, nothing more nothing less.

[/quote]

I agree but it was worth watching. At the end of it I don’t feel like Williams, Gatto, Venjiman, and co are heroes or anything but it was interesting.

Williams has 5000 friends on facebook. Enough said about some of the morons inhabitting this country. I feel I can look at it from a view that this is entertaining, educational and a real eye opener to the things that actually happened in Melbourne. It’s fucking crazy.

Oh btw i met Roberta Williams and her name keeps escaping me but she is the one who is currently in the news, the lawyer, shes hot as hell in real life lmao, massive cans aswell :stuck_out_tongue:

roberta is scum and always will be scum

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Oh btw i met Roberta Williams and her name keeps escaping me but she is the one who is currently in the news, the lawyer, shes hot as hell in real life lmao, massive cans aswell :stuck_out_tongue:

roberta is scum and always will be scum[/quote]

Mokbels Mrs?

No carl williams mrs

[quote]Tarvold wrote:
jtg987 wrote:

Mokbels Mrs? [/quote]

Sarah Garde-Wilson (sic) something like that. She is a good sort, although possibly a bit loopy.

I liked the series and thought it was well acted. What pisses me off id the number of people who now think the real life crims are cool.

Where I live I now see alot of young blokes getting about acting like they are hard and tough because they are selling 6 e’s to their mates, young blokes shit me these days. end rant.

[quote]Burnesy wrote:
Tarvold wrote:
jtg987 wrote:

Mokbels Mrs?

Sarah Garde-Wilson (sic) something like that. She is a good sort, although possibly a bit loopy.

I liked the series and thought it was well acted. What pisses me off id the number of people who now think the real life crims are cool.

Where I live I now see alot of young blokes getting about acting like they are hard and tough because they are selling 6 e’s to their mates, young blokes shit me these days. end rant.[/quote]

I agree on the crims being cool. I heard some guy the other day saying Carl Williams is a modern day Ned Kelly! Needless to say that one left me scratching my head. Perhaps in 100 years all the bogans will have Carl Williams tattoos LOL.

The other confusing part is how people see that life as glamorous. Williams spent a few good years of luxury and now has 35 years to reminisce about it in jail. And even in his glory years the stress of knowing any minute could have been his last would have been a hard thing to live with.

[quote]Burnesy wrote:
[/quote]

Most of them are pretty good sorts picked up from local strip clubs and etc. They would have to be loopy to get into that life but the power of money and notoriety would attract quite a few bimbos in that direction.

I just love the fact that even though it is banned in Vic I still have at least a dozen friends who own copys and are spreading them around family and friends.
Good job supreme court of victoria!

Has anyone scene the “carlton crew” t-shirts that are going around at the moment? You may as well just tattoo ‘tool’ on your forehead.

[quote]sands wrote:
I just love the fact that even though it is banned in Vic I still have at least a dozen friends who own copys and are spreading them around family and friends.
Good job supreme court of victoria!

Has anyone scene the “carlton crew” t-shirts that are going around at the moment? You may as well just tattoo ‘tool’ on your forehead.[/quote]

Oh well, there aren’t many of the Carlton Crew around to cash in on the royalties… LOL.

[quote]sands wrote:

Has anyone scene the “carlton crew” t-shirts that are going around at the moment? You may as well just tattoo ‘tool’ on your forehead.[/quote]

Everybody wants to be a gangsta…until they get stomped on.

I can’t stand how now that Roberta mole has got an agent and is doing interviews and showing her home movies to make some quick cash. Crawl back under the rock you came from ya f%$#in disgrace.