Under Eye Dark Circles

To my understanding, dark circles are caused by the layer of skin under the eyes becoming less substantial and more translucent and there really is no treatment other than makeup for it.

[quote]debraD wrote:
To my understanding, dark circles are caused by the layer of skin under the eyes becoming less substantial and more translucent and there really is no treatment other than makeup for it. [/quote]

what does that mean debra? Is it something bad or just something that happens over time to certain people?

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
My sister told me about this so called hollywood secret about rubbing Preparation H under youre eyes.I guess it is supposed to tighten up the skin and make the darkness disapear.
[/quote]

Go back and read the thread in its entirety and they ask yourself why you are putting ass cream on your face. [/quote]

no no no, i am not doing this, just passing what i had been told.

although if it worked, i would.

maybe Bag Balm would work.It seems to work for anything.

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
To my understanding, dark circles are caused by the layer of skin under the eyes becoming less substantial and more translucent and there really is no treatment other than makeup for it. [/quote]

what does that mean debra? Is it something bad or just something that happens over time to certain people? [/quote]

I think so, for the most part. There might be some things that might cause blood vessels to dilate and become more visible hence the darkness but for most people I think it’s genetic. Allergies can make it worse supposedly.

Hey whaddya know, wikipeda has an article:

OP, are you a coffee drinker?

i had them really bad for years and everyone always asked if i was tired or if i partied the night before, even when i was well rested.

then i stopped drinking coffee/caffeine completely and they totally went away 100%. i was a coffee drinker for years and had them every single day. now i dont get them at all, even when i am exhausted.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Don’t put ass cream on your face! Just google “preparation h under eye circle myth” and you’ll come up with a bunch of articles debunking that silly myth. It was originally intended as a joke in order to get people to put ass cream on their face. Like a butt face.

As far as under eye circles go, they are pretty much impossible to get rid of. All you can really do is minimize the appearance, or cover them up.

I don’t really think that anyone really knows the exact cause of them, since hundreds of different sources claim hundreds of different causes. Could be lack of sleep, lack of salt, too much sleep, too much salt, not enough water, too much water, allergies, too much dairy, not enough vitamin a b c d k lmnop… etc…

There is a cream that I have been using called ‘Nivea for men revitalizing eye cream with Q10’ I bought a vial of this stuff a year ago and still have it. I only use it when I have an important meeting like a job interview, or something like that. It works really well, and I think it cost around 7 bucks.

Another thing that works VERY well is one of those ice pack masks. They look like a blue zorro mask that you put in the fridge. Leave it on while you make breakfast every morning, your under eye puffiness and darkness will drastically reduce. Highly recommended.

Lastly, avocados are a miracle fruit for sooo many reasons. I have never tried it, but I read that leaving slivers of avocado under your eye will reduce dark circles. I make an avocado mask every couple of nights, I use a quarter of an avocado, an egg yolk, RAW honey (important to use the raw honey and not the pastuerized crap), and a splash of whole milk. Mash all this together, wash and scrub your face, then apply it. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, rinse, then apply a moisturizer. This stuff makes my face look as smooth as a baby’s butt. Really awesome. But you can’t store it for more than two days, then it gets brown and shitty.

I know I’ll get flamed for these beauty tips, I don’t care. When I tell people my age they always tell me I look at least 10 years younger. Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thanks for the helpful post. I actually wanted to get one of those masks after I saw American Psycho. I will try the homemade cream and maybe the Nivea cream.

I’m not a coffee drinker, I sometimes have 200mg before a workout but this is usually only 2x week. I also don’t drink soda, tea etc. Pretty much just water.

[quote]metal.head wrote:

i had them really bad for years and everyone always asked if i was tired or if i partied the night before, even when i was well rested.

then i stopped drinking coffee/caffeine completely and they totally went away 100%. i was a coffee drinker for years and had them every single day. now i dont get them at all, even when i am exhausted.[/quote]

Charles Poliquin also states in his bio sig seminars darkness under the eyes is a sign of an over worked or damaged liver. Blue was overworked, black was liver disease. Or vice versa, can’t remember off the top of my head.

Alot of other practitioners make this same link along with adrenal fatigue. It is stated you have too many toxins in your blood from an inability to filter the blood properly for various reasons.

Don’t drink coffee.
Don’t take caffeine (other than HOT-ROX).
Eat pretty well (On low carb diet).

Have dark circles under my eyes. So does my dad, so i’m assuming it’s genetic.

My only other theory is that i spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen. And it’s not exactly something that i can get away from, being it’s essentially my major, so that’s my theory.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
Charles Poliquin also states in his bio sig seminars darkness under the eyes is a sign of an over worked or damaged liver. Blue was overworked, black was liver disease. Or vice versa, can’t remember off the top of my head.

Alot of other practitioners make this same link along with adrenal fatigue. It is stated you have too many toxins in your blood from an inability to filter the blood properly for various reasons.[/quote]

I’d take that with a grain of salt. My father was a prime example. He was a chronic alcoholic (died at 33 because of it), his liver was just about dead in the last few months of his life. I have pictures of him literally 2 weeks before he died and he had no dark circles under his eyes at all. In fact, he looks younger than 33 in those pictures. You would have never guessed that he was drinking a bottle of gin every day.

I don’t think anyone really knows what the true causes are of dark circles under the eyes, but the explanation and link that debraD provided seems to make the most sense.

K there are mad posts so a good chance I am rehasing but I don’t feel like reading it all.

1. Food allergies love kiwis but felt shitty and had dark circles when I ate them haven’t eaten em in years and no dark eyes. experiment with different foods being cut out or what foods you feel kind of stuff after eating.

2. Sleeping with your head slightly elevated supposedly helped I.e. just use a pillow don’t be totally flat.

Also try general health improvement things. Also meditation honestly seems to help just about everything for me.

[quote]stockzy wrote:

[quote]metal.head wrote:

then i stopped drinking coffee/caffeine completely and they totally went away 100%. i was a coffee drinker for years and had them every single day. now i dont get them at all, even when i am exhausted.[/quote]

Alot of other practitioners make this same link along with adrenal fatigue. It is stated you have too many toxins in your blood from an inability to filter the blood properly for various reasons.[/quote]

Charles Polquin is an idiot.