T Nation

Under Eye Dark Circles

I'm looking for some tips to lessen the dark circles under my eyes. I eat fairly well and usually get around 7 hours of sleep which for me is enough. I'm thinking that it could possibly be a dietary deficiency ? Thoughts? I also have a few visible veins under both my eyes which I wouldn't mind lessening. Any lotions or creams anyone has had success with?

Thanks.

I’ve seen something by Garnier advertised and they have it at most grocery stores with the cosmetics. I never tried it and I wondered if it smells girlie. I too have dark circles. Sometimes it looks like I lost a fight.

Foam roll.

Really though, I have a buddy with the same issue, and he puts some sort of cream under his eyes, which makes it go away completely. It’s out there somewhere.

yo i know a chick my age with that.

i imagine it’s genetic.

I’ve heard cucumber helps

Models use preparation H the hemorrhoid cream.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
I’m looking for some tips to lessen the dark circles under my eyes. I eat fairly well and usually get around 7 hours of sleep which for me is enough. I’m thinking that it could possibly be a dietary deficiency ? Thoughts? I also have a few visible veins under both my eyes which I wouldn’t mind lessening. Any lotions or creams anyone has had success with?

Thanks. [/quote]

Maybe you have allergies.

Apparently it can be a sign of overworked adrenals/kidneys–it’s timely that there was a T-Nation article on this today.

Of course it can be hereditary, or an allergy or just too many late nights.

I think I heard that prep H thing as well.

The article is semi accurate. It’s funny how it makes statements about alternative medicine that are a little negative but concludes with supplements recommendations that are alternative. Thought that was funny.

Thanks for the help, I think the prep H trick is mainly for BAGS under your eyes, I have no bags, just darkness.

Don’t put ass cream on your face! Just google “preparation h under eye circle myth” and you’ll come up with a bunch of articles debunking that silly myth. It was originally intended as a joke in order to get people to put ass cream on their face. Like a butt face.

As far as under eye circles go, they are pretty much impossible to get rid of. All you can really do is minimize the appearance, or cover them up.

I don’t really think that anyone really knows the exact cause of them, since hundreds of different sources claim hundreds of different causes. Could be lack of sleep, lack of salt, too much sleep, too much salt, not enough water, too much water, allergies, too much dairy, not enough vitamin a b c d k lmnop… etc…

There is a cream that I have been using called ‘Nivea for men revitalizing eye cream with Q10’ I bought a vial of this stuff a year ago and still have it. I only use it when I have an important meeting like a job interview, or something like that. It works really well, and I think it cost around 7 bucks.

Another thing that works VERY well is one of those ice pack masks. They look like a blue zorro mask that you put in the fridge. Leave it on while you make breakfast every morning, your under eye puffiness and darkness will drastically reduce. Highly recommended.

Lastly, avocados are a miracle fruit for sooo many reasons. I have never tried it, but I read that leaving slivers of avocado under your eye will reduce dark circles. I make an avocado mask every couple of nights, I use a quarter of an avocado, an egg yolk, RAW honey (important to use the raw honey and not the pastuerized crap), and a splash of whole milk. Mash all this together, wash and scrub your face, then apply it. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, rinse, then apply a moisturizer. This stuff makes my face look as smooth as a baby’s butt. Really awesome. But you can’t store it for more than two days, then it gets brown and shitty.

I know I’ll get flamed for these beauty tips, I don’t care. When I tell people my age they always tell me I look at least 10 years younger. Hope this helps.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Don’t put ass cream on your face! Just google “preparation h under eye circle myth” and you’ll come up with a bunch of articles debunking that silly myth. It was originally intended as a joke in order to get people to put ass cream on their face. Like a butt face.

As far as under eye circles go, they are pretty much impossible to get rid of. All you can really do is minimize the appearance, or cover them up.

I don’t really think that anyone really knows the exact cause of them, since hundreds of different sources claim hundreds of different causes. Could be lack of sleep, lack of salt, too much sleep, too much salt, not enough water, too much water, allergies, too much dairy, not enough vitamin a b c d k lmnop… etc…

There is a cream that I have been using called ‘Nivea for men revitalizing eye cream with Q10’ I bought a vial of this stuff a year ago and still have it. I only use it when I have an important meeting like a job interview, or something like that. It works really well, and I think it cost around 7 bucks.

Another thing that works VERY well is one of those ice pack masks. They look like a blue zorro mask that you put in the fridge. Leave it on while you make breakfast every morning, your under eye puffiness and darkness will drastically reduce. Highly recommended.

Lastly, avocados are a miracle fruit for sooo many reasons. I have never tried it, but I read that leaving slivers of avocado under your eye will reduce dark circles. I make an avocado mask every couple of nights, I use a quarter of an avocado, an egg yolk, RAW honey (important to use the raw honey and not the pastuerized crap), and a splash of whole milk. Mash all this together, wash and scrub your face, then apply it. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, rinse, then apply a moisturizer. This stuff makes my face look as smooth as a baby’s butt. Really awesome. But you can’t store it for more than two days, then it gets brown and shitty.

I know I’ll get flamed for these beauty tips, I don’t care. When I tell people my age they always tell me I look at least 10 years younger. Hope this helps.[/quote]

We won’t flame you, we’re all just surprised because we always thought you were a guy. More chicks on here the better, imo.

St. Ives has a vitamin K cream that helps. I used that and it did work, but now I can’t find it in the stores.

I have that Garnier eye roller and it’s the caffeine that dilates the vessels to lessen the appearance of the dark circles from what I understand. I don’t really see a difference on the dark circles, but it has helped with puffiness.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
Thanks for the help, I think the prep H trick is mainly for BAGS under your eyes, I have no bags, just darkness. [/quote]

Are you black? If so, I think I know why the skin under your eyes is dark.

I have them too. On the bright side, I can light up a lightbulb in my mouth.

DB

I have this to, I am the type that wears my feeling under my eyes.

My sister told me about this so called hollywood secret about rubbing Preparation H under youre eyes.I guess it is supposed to tighten up the skin and make the darkness disapear.

I havnt tried it yet but was actually thinking about it this morning as my yearly allergies have kicked in and it looks like I fought Cain Velasques over the wknd.

I would rather buy hemroid cream then makeup.

Hemroids are still better than the Ghey

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

I know I’ll get flamed for these beauty tips, I don’t care. When I tell people my age they always tell me I look at least 10 years younger. Hope this helps.[/quote]

We won’t flame you, we’re all just surprised because we always thought you were a guy. More chicks on here the better, imo.[/quote]

haha i see what you did there. well played.

I use Jack Black eye cream. Google it. Its a skin line for Men. Yes I’m a dude.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:

[/quote]

Anyone else get an American Psycho vibe from this part? hahaha

im liking this thread because I often get asked if i was on the wrong side of a fight it almost always looks like i got my ass kicked, which i havent.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
My sister told me about this so called hollywood secret about rubbing Preparation H under youre eyes.I guess it is supposed to tighten up the skin and make the darkness disapear.
[/quote]

Go back and read the thread in its entirety and they ask yourself why you are putting ass cream on your face.