Under Armour: CLICK-CLACK!

Sonny:

I remember the FIRST time I say the TV ad; my first reaction about Vernon was “Wow…that CAN’T be “just” an actor!”

He is an amazing guy. (Listening to his story during the draft, he seems to have overcome a lot and seems to just be a good person).

AJ Hawk a “bust”?

This guy has amazing instincts; is fast; already reads defenses like a Pro; has amazing pursuit and lateral movement skills; another amazing athlete.

Mufasa

Quite frankly, I just have a feeling that the “bust” of this Draft will be none other than Mr.Bush…

(Flame suit ON!!!)

Mufasa

[quote]combatmedic wrote:
Dr. Awesome wrote:
combatmedic wrote:
The t-shirts are actually part of Army issue now. Good in theory, but in reality, they are worn under a long sleeve shirt and often a kevlar vest. It kind of defeats the purpose of design. What they are good for is field laundry; just rinse them out and hang them dry.

Didn’t they ban UA because it melts onto the skin or something?

Not that I know of. If it makes any difference, the new digital uniform (All Climate Uniform, ACU) is made of synthetic material and is known to burn easily. [/quote]

Not sure about the Army. But I got in trouble for wearing one about a year ago. But I think it’s technically under the commander’s discretion if he chooses to ban them. Usually they’re banned in forward operating areas, anyone working with fuel and pilots. And i think when you can wear them it’s got to be ones without the logos. As a side note i think they’re testing something called elite issue that does the same thing but doesn’t melt just burns away like your camies.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
I think the reason we find it ridiculous to see fat guys and boys in UA apparel is bc they use such awesome physical specimens in their ads. (Vernon Davis has some body on him.)

Then again, nobody snickered at kids in the playground wearing air jordans…[/quote]

But then again, its putrid to look at fat guys/fat girls wearing underarmour.

My BF is around 13-14% and I still wouldnt wear it without a tshirt or something on over it, unless its the loose gear. But then if you’re ripped and wear it, alot of people would think you’re vain.

As for their products, I think its great. Shit, they even make an underarmour thong for the women.

I have one of the original loose gear t-shirts. It is pretty nice for lifting or playing sports. I have a couple of the skin-tight undershirts that I used to wear under my work shirt at, I hate to admit this, Gold’s Gym. (Those bumblebee shirts were awful).

I need to start toying with uses for them (during golf and soccer, particularly).

I like 'em. I sweat alot and UA shirts usually dry before I get home.

Above is a pic of me on leg day (wearing UA).

yeah i like the ad…

and vernon davis has an amazing body…and he went to my team!

Coach Mike nolan said something like “if you had his body, you’d throw yours away”

yeah,haha

“Joining Hawk and Davis in the spots are Jeremy Bloom, Olympic freestyle skier who is returning to the gridiron fresh off the slopes in Torino, and NFL veterans Jon Vilma of the New York Jets, Julius Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, and Eric Ogbogu, a.k.a. the Big E, star of Under Armour’s renowned ‘PROTECT THIS HOUSE’ campaign.”

This is a little off topic, but I was in the gym the other day and there was this guy in there, couldn’t have weighed 175 in a rain storm, kind of a chub, typical “club pumper”, i.e. kind of had arms and kind of had a chest but nothing else. He was wearing a skin tight black sleeveless UA shirt.

I pretty much ignored him until he ripped ass standing around in between sets. Mind you, I wouldn’t have cared if it had been during a set because god knows I’ve nearly shit myself while squatting, but it was while he was just chilling out leaning on the leg press. He made some lame comment about it which I didn’t hear and I didn’t catch the rest because I b-lined for the waterfountain (in the next room).

I wouldn’t go within 10 paces of the stanky bastard the rest of the day.

At any rate, he represents everything I hate about the popularity of UA, namely the fact that there’s only a small fraction of the gym going population I want to see wearing it.

we ought to start a thread where you can post pictures and then we can vote on wether or not you can wear UA.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Quite frankly, I just have a feeling that the “bust” of this Draft will be none other than Mr.Bush…

(Flame suit ON!!!)

Mufasa[/quote]

I tend to agree. The kid can’t possible live up to the insane hype that was built up before the draft. He just can’t. He’d have to rack up

2000+ yds rushing,
1000+ yds receiving,
25+ TD’s rushing,
10+ TD’s recieving and
5+ TD’s returning

per season to even begin to live up to it.

Second, being more realistic, you can count on one hand the number of times USC played a team with equal talent while Bush was there, and in nearly all of those games Bush was less than stellar.

Third, I think a realistic best-case scenario for RB is to be the next Marshall Faulk. While Faulk was a fine player, he was a system back that required the right offensive scheme and lots of talent around him to be successful. Without the right scheme and surrouding talent, he wasn’t just underutilized, he was completely useless.

Finally, I think Bush will be an ‘okay’ back who racks up a few hundred, maybe a thousand, total yards for six or seven years before finishing an underwhelming career. I don’t think he’ll be a bad player, just a bit of a disappointment.

But then again, its putrid to look at fat guys/fat girls wearing underarmour.[/quote]

Touch?

[quote]Anthony Roberts wrote:

Above is a pic of me on leg day (wearing UA).[/quote]

“I squat 405. Well, 455 if Jackie is spotting me.”

Always pimpin, never slippen, ey Anthony?

For whoever was talking about wearing underarmor under kevlar… I don’t know how heavy kevlar is, but for hockey, I always wear underarmor underneith my shoulder and elbow pads, and I love it, I can’t go back to anything else now.

Yeah, the explosion of UA gear in the gym in the last 2 years is pretty amazing, especially considering that any old T-shirt works fine and costs far less. I couldn’t imagine actually buying clothing for sweating in.

But I’ve been given some UA stuff by a friend whose school gets it for their teams, and especially the loose-fitting stuff (like what I’m wearing in my avatar) is the most comfortable stuff around in hot and humid weather. I’ve bought Reebok’s version, and their shirts get pulls too easily and look like hell.

[quote]spacepirate wrote:
“Joining Hawk and Davis in the spots are Jeremy Bloom, Olympic freestyle skier who is returning to the gridiron fresh off the slopes in Torino, and NFL veterans Jon Vilma of the New York Jets, Julius Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, and Eric Ogbogu, a.k.a. the Big E, star of Under Armour’s renowned ‘PROTECT THIS HOUSE’ campaign.”[/quote]

Julius Jones was the only guy that I was wondering who he was.

I knew 100% who Davis, Vilma, and Bloom were and I was guessing that it was Hawk.

But, for the life of me I couldn’t get Jones.

But then again, I’m a Redskins fan…

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
For whoever was talking about wearing underarmor under kevlar… I don’t know how heavy kevlar is, but for hockey, I always wear underarmor underneith my shoulder and elbow pads, and I love it, I can’t go back to anything else now.[/quote]

I love my performance grey ls shirt for hockey.

And I like the UA hockey jock except for one thing. I don’t like the cup slot being on the outside. It works much better for me if I wear my cup inside the shorts and it gets pulled into place.

Add in my UA knee socks and I’m good to go.

[quote]Anthony Roberts wrote:

Above is a pic of me on leg day (wearing UA).[/quote]

I like 'em too

But I think I like the girl better

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
But then again, its putrid to look at fat guys/fat girls wearing underarmour.

Touch?[/quote]

huh?

Good points!

So…they seem pretty “solid” to you guys, and won’t just be a passing “Hot Skins” fad?

(I think not; and this is all just for some discussion, guys).

I’ve heard a LOT of people saying that they like the loose fit for general wear and the Compression gear for underneath equipment.

Mufasa

(As an aside; “Hot Skins” did go out of buisness. You can get some things on e-bay and here and there. I heard that TC and Shugs were DEVASTATED when they went under!)

[quote]Jim_Bobv2 wrote:
But, for the life of me I couldn’t get Jones.

But then again, I’m a Redskins fan…[/quote]

Amen to that. Redskins all the way this year. Going to have the best receivers and running backs in the NFC. If our defense can step up, this we be the redskins year.