[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:

[quote]ahu2468 wrote:

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:

[quote]chazdaman wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:

[quote]ahu2468 wrote:

[quote]2-SCOOPS wrote:
hey black angus, didn’t know that you were gonna do a nasa meet so close to where i train. where do you lift at if i may ask?

also thought i’d throw my results in. UPA nationals in illinois, weighed in at 196.4 and totaled 1664 raw and hit my 705 squat.[/quote]

Fuck I give up, Plz go.
Just kidding, I would give my left testicle to achieve that total and squat.

Is there a place that you have given your training history? I would love to see what you did that got you to where you are now.[/quote]

haha, well i keep a training log on here, but unfortunately didn’t keep one when i made my progress from a 400lb squat to a 600. but i still remember most of what i did to get there.[/quote]

Lets hear it then[/quote]

Yes please.[/quote]

well it’s basically what i do now but with more volume and worked on form more, but nobody ever takes my advice.[/quote]

I for one welcome Two-scoops as my new overlord.

I have prepared my anus for your advice. Let’s have it.[/quote]

2-SCOOPS is like the second coming of Ed Coan…the guy should have a log at EFS. Lay it on us brotha.[/quote]
Oh man… Now he is gonna get a big head to match his glutes and rear delts…[/quote]

hahaha well thanks for the compliments guys, i’m far from ed coan though! and i’m pretty sure my head could never match my shlutes lol. well i don’t wanna take up space on this thread but i’ll either start a thread or just put something in my log since i don’t like dealing with most of T-Nation lol.

Can anyone tell me how to find PL meets in my area? I live 20 mins or so east of St. Louis, MO/IL.

Finally back to squatting and deadlifting heavy after a long time off due to a back injury.

Training maxes:
315x2/245/415 @ 187lbs and 20 years old.

The 315x2 on squats was after a full 5x5 workout. I think I could hit mid 300’s fresh. The 245 bench was after 4x8 incline dbs then 5x5 flat, but I have no idea what I would hit fresh.

I train mostly BB-style, but am looking to do a PL meet in the near future (this year if possible).

www.powerliftingusa.com

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
Anybody on here wanna race to 500 DL? As posted earlier, my best is 463. [/quote]

My best is 463.

Race

is

ON

I’m doing Grey Skull Linear Progression, so I won’t probably test until July, but maybe I’ll throw in some heavy singles here and there to participate in this race?

LM, did you do that meet? I saw your post 4/1 saying it was coming up, but no results unless I missed your post. How’d you do?

Sure did! Did a write up in my log and than Chaz and I also collaborated on a thread here:

I won my weight class (but I was the only one lol) and I didn’t hit any PR’s but I definitely learned a lot. I beat most everyone in the raw weight classes above me other than 2 people (I think), so I used that as a decent gauge. All and all it was a great experience and can’t wait for my next one (Gonna be oct/nov before I look at it, hoping to do much better).

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to find PL meets in my area? I live 20 mins or so east of St. Louis, MO/IL. [/quote]

powerliftingwatch.com

JLD, I don’t plan on testing until probably June or late May so that’s fine.

Speaking of deadlifting today, my hamstrings are sorer than they have been in months, so I’m not going to pull today. I’d rather take the day off and tear shit up tomorrow than have a poor training session today.

Nice job LM.

Angus, it’s on like Donkey Kong, Brah! Let’s do it!

Post deleted. Accidentally responded to ancient post from beginning of thread.

Just started front squats 4 weeks ago at 185x5. This was a huge PR for me today, ~40lbs, so I wanted to share. Anybody else do front squats?

I do on occassion. The most I’ve done is 365 for a single and some 20 rep sets with 275.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
I do on occassion. The most I’ve done is 365 for a single and some 20 rep sets with 275.[/quote]

Well I guess I got some work to do then. I was wanting to hit ~335 before switching back to regular squats. We’ll see.

I’ve done front squats, but I have no clue how the hell people do the clean grip like that. I’ve done stretches and all that, but I just don’t know how it’s done. I have to do the arms crossed over grip.

Just finished a 4 week cycle of pin presses plus a deload to push through a plateaued press. Typically, I’d stall out just above my head if I couldn’t get it.

I’ve been training press as a primary movement after speed benching, as I want to get strong at it, even if it isn’t a typically contested movement.

Wasn’t really all too successful, but it was only 4 weeks. I did feel stronger pushing through where I would typically stall, and I was able to get a little more layback and grind the rep out.

If I did this again, I would still do a couple sets of presses, maybe ramp to a max or heavy set, then do some more off the pins. The other thing I noticed off the pins is I was able to lay back a bit and really get some lat and pec into it from the start, so I would try to stay more strictly upright and really rehearse getting my head through. This may entail putting the pins lower as I was going from about my nose.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
I’ve done front squats, but I have no clue how the hell people do the clean grip like that. I’ve done stretches and all that, but I just don’t know how it’s done. I have to do the arms crossed over grip.[/quote]

Stretches and all that?

A clean grip front squat requires a certain amount of wrist, shoulder, and thoracic mobility.

Bare in mind that you only need your index and middle finger to support the bar in the racked clean position because most of the weight should be on your shoulders and up against the bottom of your throat.

Keep the elbows high. As you gain more mobility and flexibility this will become easier and you’ll be able to move your elbows higher. You might have to start with a wider grip, but work on bringing it in.

Yes, stretches and all that. I.e, working on flexibility and mobility in my forearms and elbows just as you have said.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
I do on occassion. The most I’ve done is 365 for a single and some 20 rep sets with 275.[/quote]
Stop making me feel bad about myself!
Also: Where in Iowa are you angus? I’m in IC

The only thing that bothered me with that grip was aching pain in my elbow, but it’s gone now. My dad is no where near flexible enough to get in that position and the bar doesn’t even touch his chest on OHP no matter the weight. It stays at about his chin. What stretches could he do?

I find the crossarmed version difficult to use. The bar just doesn’t feel as stuck on to me and stable.

I have to do the cross armed version. No way I can get into the clean grip without my arms being really wide and than I have issues keeping it there and the bar will slide down my stomach (ow).